_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Ottawa show on the 10th
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 11:30 PM UTC
Who is going. I plan on being there to see all the fine work and goodies. Anyone entering anything? I would like to but don't have the confidence yet. Maybe next year.

HastyP
smithery
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC
I'll be there, but not entering anything (same reason as you).
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 08:30 PM UTC
I'd love to have gone, but as I'm in Europe right now, I can't see me making the flight back just for the contest...

:-)

Paul
INDIA11A
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 577 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 01:41 PM UTC
I will be there with 5 kits. Paul/ Kevin you guys should go for it too. Just enter something YOU are proud of. I was getting all bent out of shape over the stuff i am entering but I enjoyed doing it. Hope to see all the Armorama crew. I am nervous about it and have been "touching up" my kits (antennas mainly & dusting) & breaking parts off thats why i came on line . see ya there!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 06:40 AM UTC
I'm heading out tonight after work ...Going to the aircraft Museum tomorrow morning and a bit of site seeing ..Haven't been there in 5 years ! I'm bring 5 kits ..let's just hope they make it in one piece.. Show Saturday and the War museum on Sunday... Hope to meet you guys up there ...

Rick
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
I got shanghai'd into working which I am desperately trying to get out of ..Desperately so if any of you can work a microscope..please let me know LOL. Seriously though I will in all probabitliy be late in arriving. I'll look for you guys
Cheers,
B
smithery
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:24 AM UTC
Rick, just a head's up, but you'll likely be disappointed in the aircraft museum. It's in a pretty sad state right now, with the construction and all. Half of the collection is in storage, and unaccessible. They're still charging full price though.

Food for thought.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:33 AM UTC
Oh well ..I guess half the collection is better than none of it ...Is there anyway we can see what's in storage as well ? Can't really change our plans now.

Rick
See ya all there!
smithery
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:51 AM UTC
Sorry to say, but no way of seeing them. They're in the process of being moved to the new building. Here's a partial list of what is NOT accessible:

Liberator, Mustang, Mosquito, He 162, Firefly, Bomarc, Bolingbroke, Battle, Hawker Hind.

You can still see the Spit,Hurricane,P-40, Lancaster, Swordfish, Sea Fury and all the old bush planes and WWI stuff. The Lancaster, a real Bf 109F, Spitfire IX, Me 163, Hurricane XIIB.

I guess it all boils down to what your interests are.

Hope to see you Saturday. I'll be wearing my IPMS Ottawa shirt between 8am anbd 10am (working), but will be sporting an ARC (Aircraft Resource Center) golf shirt for the rest of the day.

Cheers,
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 10:53 AM UTC
Just got back from Ottawa today ...Sorry we didn't meet up...It went by so quick ...Cost me lots too!! Ahh the Aviation museum must kinda mushy ...but I did spend all of sunday at the War museum...500 pictures later I ran out of batteries! That place is just loaded with stuff... Hey they got a hold of the Panther from Borden ..it's not on display yet ,they want to restore it a bit first ...I could see it in the store room along with a Duwk..an M5 ,an FT 17 and a few others that they are working on... I'm going back very soon!! I want to thank everyone at Cap Con for making the show a great success... Good job all around.

Rick
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 01:58 PM UTC
I too enjoyed CAPCON, you guys put on a first class show.

I did the whole tourist thing in Ottawa, taking in the Aviation museum as well as the War museum. And even though the Aviation museum was in a state of flux....I had never been there, so it was all new to me. One of the security personel were kind enough to take me around to the blocked off area of the museum, so I could get some pics of the modern stuff. All you have to do is ask I guess and as long as they aren't busy they will take you. The new storage hanger is another thing though... I did manage to get a couple of pics from outside looking through the glass.

The War museum was awesome.....300+ pics on my camera, and another 150-200 on my GF's camera....what a day!!! Lots of goodies there.

CAPCON, well what can I say....but thanks to the crew that organized it. Especially thanks to Paul and Dana for allowing me and my local club to sponsor a special secret catagory in a Winter theme, I hope the recipiants were happy and surprised to get them. And to all that attended....I will apologize now for my inability for public speaking....not exactly my strongest suit!!!!

Too bad I didn't realize there were so many Armorama members there, I would have made it a point to meet you guys!!!

Now everyone get ready and gear up for CAMS 2006 in Fredericton, New Brunswick in April!!!!!
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 04:44 PM UTC
Sorry I missed it. Spent Sunday photographing uparmoured Bisons. Won't make the Ajax show either. Will be at the Guelph show though. Perhaps we should put up an Armorama booth?
smithery
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:55 AM UTC
I thought I would finally get around to posting a few pics I took at the show. You may recognize a few of the models from these very forums. I know I did.

Enjoy!

CapCon pics
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Perhaps we should put up an Armorama booth?

Perhaps what we need is a common graphic that thos interested can print out and make a name tag from???

If there is some desire, I'll kick around a couple of desings over the next week and post them in the photo section for comment.

Sorry I missed the Ottawa show, but plan to be at London, Ajax and Guelph.

BTW anyone thinking of going to Europe for vacation should definitely go. What a blast!

Paul
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hi Kevin ..Thanks for the pictures ...I screwed up most of my pictures with my new camera... Too bad we didn't meet in person ..I'm sure we probably bumped into each other .

Rick
 _GOTOTOP