TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Next Gen Console Systems
armorguy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 269 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 02:05 AM UTC
For those of you here that like to play video games on consoles (not computers), will you be getting one of the next generation of console systems?

All three of the big name players have new systems lined up to come out within the next year or so.

1. Nintendo Revolution
2. Microsoft XBox 360
3. Sony Playstation 3

Personally, I'm a diehard Nintendo fan. I've been playing Nintendo since the NES came out in the mid-80s and have been a true fan ever since. The Zelda and Metroid titles are my favorites.

Also, I'm not looking for some dumb thread where people trash one manufacturer or another. I have absolutely nothing against the other systems and manufacturers as some people do. I love playing Halo with my friends in fact. I think it's stupid to be that way. I also think it's dumb to try to get people upset by saying things like "Sony is winning the console wars and Nintendo is coming in last." That kind of talk is pointless. There's room for everybody and the industry is better for having at least three big players as they challenge each other and keep each other on their toes...just like the modeling industry. I just choose Nintendo's systems for my own use.

Let me know what you think.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 05:08 AM UTC
A few years back when I declined a job transfer and took the severance package I purchased both the Xbox and the PS2 because I knew I was going to have a lot of time on my hands. I love jamming both systems. Purchased Xbox Live and a PS2 network adaptor so I'm able to play online.

There are so many awesome games out there. I think that the Xbox offers better graphics in first person shooters like Halo and Medal or Honor. PS2 offers a wider variety of games like Football, racing, hockey, etc. PS2 first person shooters are fun too (I have SOCOM NAVY SEALS) but the graphics just aren't as crisp and the game not quite as fluid.

At this time I would probably not get a new console. Now that reality of ending severance has forced me to enter the job market again I don't even have time to play the games I own for the older consoles.
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 629 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 06:41 AM UTC
I love my XBOX but I am not willing to shell out the $400 necessary to upgrade to a X360. Then add on $60 for games and I would be one very broke dude by the end of the year. I am looking forward to a few of the games though (GR3, Halo 3 (rumored but come on after a cliff hanger like that...), Call of Duty 2, and the PS3 game Killzone 2 (very very pretty looking))
Kyle
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 05:43 AM UTC
i will be geting the PS3 AND THE XBOX360
I WILL JUST BE GETING THE CORE VERSION OF THE XBOX 360.
i dont play games on line, so i dont need the hard drive.
for a while i was going to get just the ps3 because MS
lied to us saying that evey 360 will have a hard drive.
but like i said i will take it by ear i i still might stick with sony.
iam trying to get a bunch of people toegther and boycott the x360.
i emailed ms and every thing