_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Are Optivisors any good?
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 03:41 PM UTC
Optivisor! Best thing since sliced bread!

I am so used to wearing my optivisor that I forget it is there until my grand daughter asks " what is that on your head?"

If I lose my optivisor there won't be any modeling. :-)
Trouble
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
I have a knock off of the opti visor with the built in lights. I find the lights are useless but use the visor for real fine detail work. As mentioned before the readers glasses are also good to have I have 3 pairs in different magnification and they only cost me $1 ea at the dollar store. Might try harbor freight for the visor.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 05:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am back in a Freightliner now The lighting in the bunk sucks Not as good as the Volvo was

WOW! Building while on the road...dedicated Chad! Although, it would be a good way to spend the down time at the truck stops or whatever.

I have one as well. Mine comes with two little lights on either side (Which may work pretty good for your case) I like it and it comes in handy when painting or whatever those real dinky parts. I think I paid about 11 bucks for it and it has three magnifications.

Come through Kansas often?
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 09:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I am back in a Freightliner now The lighting in the bunk sucks Not as good as the Volvo was

WOW! Building while on the road...dedicated Chad! Although, it would be a good way to spend the down time at the truck stops or whatever.

I have one as well. Mine comes with two little lights on either side (Which may work pretty good for your case) I like it and it comes in handy when painting or whatever those real dinky parts. I think I paid about 11 bucks for it and it has three magnifications.

Come through Kansas often?

Been awhile since I've been there Sadly I am stuck in the east mostly anymore
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 01:10 PM UTC
I HATE the Optivisor ....

That out of the way, if you don't wear glasses, then the reading glasses suggestion above may be more convenient & comfortable.

I wear glasses & finally found some clip-on magnifiers that come in +1, +2, +2.5, +3, +4 and the good thing is they sit down in the bifocalar area of my lenses. That means I can look over the top of them to find things on the bench.

Look online in fly-fishing or quilt/sewing shops. I got some called Magni-Clip & also got some for wifey who is a quilter & we both love 'em.

John
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 12:18 AM UTC
These are the extremely light weight, ones I use that clip over my bi-focals also. I ditched the silly plastic frame that came with them.

Those are standard 2.5 strength.

Are't you all happy I did not ask for photos of yous guys wearing these contraptions....... :-) :-)

My previous post is where I bought them.
grimreaper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 05:16 AM UTC
Dave,
Thanks for the info for the lightweight clipons. I really like the fact that you can flip then up out the way.
Ordered a pair of 4x last night.
Cheers
Gary
 _GOTOTOP