TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
"Over There," GET IT OFF THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 03:57 AM UTC
I'd rather watch the real thing.

I watched the first episode, and although it was well made, was bored with the whole 'here's the black guy, here's the minority woman, here's the smart white guy that talks philosophy, here's the jock, here's the stoner, blah, blah, blah.'

What it really felt like was a late 80's Vietnam film. And I'm tired of late 80's Nam films.

But if you like it, great. If you don't, write to the network and tell them it sucks.

Writing from the West Bank,
Steve
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 06:57 AM UTC
Keep your head down and stay away from public transportation Sniper. Enjoy your visit
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 01:14 AM UTC
Having been there and done that. and gotten the shirt, hat and matching shoes...I won't watch it again. The first episode was enough for me. I imagine that 3ID is very pleased with the portrayal of the dope smoker standing inf ront of their supossed moter pool hitting a joint. The oh so clean uniforms as they are eating chow in a tent, being pinned down behind a berm for hours on end with NO support and not being able to return fire.... The list goes on and on. IMHO, pure garbage. Plain and simple. Don't know who the advisor is, but whoever he is isn't doing a very good job or the producer/director folks are just ignoring his input.
After watching the 1tst episode, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I remeber saying to myself "What the hell.........."
Honestly, I think it will die a painful death if it keeps up like it is going.

Matthew Quiroz SFC US Army (Ret)
Ar-Ramadi, Al-Fallujah 2003-2004
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 08:09 AM UTC
First fo all Matthew - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE -

Over There is nothing more that the left's attempts to "tell" us what it's "Really" like in Iraq. Unfortunately Ossama Bocchco and his ilk know no more about what really is going on in Iraq than what Al-Jazerra tells them.

The show is a disgrace. I am writing sponsors and letting them know I will not buy their products and let all of my friends and associates know the truth about these companies.

One other point - FX is the stations that has:

Rescue Me - a show which portrays members of the FDNY as whoring, drunks, doping mentally ill misfits.

The Shield - a show whose "hero" is a cop with a code of conduct that includes, dope dealing, strong arm tactics and even killing another police officer in cold blood because he was an informant for Internal Affairs.

So what do you expect from them???? Accurate portrayals of US soldiers in Iraq

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ossama Bocchco and his ilk

I find this kind of attitude as offensive as someone refering to W as Adolf Bush.

Don't like the show? Do like me and watch something else.

I found no more politics here than in any other combat show. Actually, speaking of combat, the one show I saw had more in common with Combat than with Moore.

I can't warm up to the other two shows you mention, either, but I don't think we should impugn the patriotism of a writer/director/producer because we don't agree with him/her.

And what I saw certainly made no heroes of the enemy force, hiding in a mosque they apparently knew was not to be fired on, then showed them to be so abysmally stupid to rush an entrenched postition across open ground. As far as being marksmen, the guy who crawled up to the berm couldn't even hit the woman relieving herself from 3 feet away.

And for the record, I consider myself to be a Liberal and proud of it.