_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Micro Mask in Canada
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:34 AM UTC
Since I live in a tiny town with no hobbyshop I have to do all my model shopping online. As it so happens, I have had to play my order twice with Tiger Hobbies for something as simple as Microsol MicroMask, yet they dont reply, dont process my order, NOTHING.

As a result I have to look somewhere else to buy it but I cant find it in any online Canadina hobby stores. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thank you kindly.
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC
I know my local HS has maskol if get stuck. I can pick it up for you. just let me know.
Cheers,
Bryan
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
I know you would like to find a CDN online store but I have had great luck with many out of country.

Blast,Hobby Easy,Lucky Models have all been very good.If they have my order in stock I get it in 7-10 days.You may have to pay PST,GST and the handling fee but may times I get them no charge.

I know there are peaple who don't have credit cards so that may limit what they can do.Some of the online shops take paypal that can be linked to a bank account.

Hope this helps,

Jim
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:53 AM UTC
Same deal here Tapper.. Just give us a yell. Be more then happy to help out..

Dave
WakeofDemons
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 47 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Since I live in a tiny town with no hobbyshop I have to do all my model shopping online. As it so happens, I have had to play my order twice with Tiger Hobbies for something as simple as Microsol MicroMask, yet they dont reply, dont process my order, NOTHING.

As a result I have to look somewhere else to buy it but I cant find it in any online Canadina hobby stores. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thank you kindly.

I do believe minimum orders for online store is at least $25 bucks worth of items before ANY online store will ship and sell the items you want... is that true or wrong? Please correct me if it is... That might be why you aren't getting a reply =/
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I do believe minimum orders for online store is at least $25 bucks worth of items before ANY online store will ship and sell the items you want... is that true or wrong? Please correct me if it is... That might be why you aren't getting a reply =/

I have seldome seen a minimum order from an online hobby shop. There is frequently a minimum handling charge that tends to discourage small buys, but there is certainly no widespread minimum order requirement.

As top a Canadian shop, you could try Northstar Hobbies in Mississauga, they will mail order for you. I know they carry several masking products so you could even call them, see if it's in stock, pass on your credit card detilas and get them to ship it right then.

The url is:
http://www.northstar-hobbies.com/

Now, I just looked for Micromask in their online catalogue and it's not there, but they do carry it in the store. Call them & I'm sure they'll ship it to you.

Paul
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 06:20 AM UTC
Thanks for the help and the generosity guys! Bryan, I'll take you up on your offer. PM headed your way.

WakeofDemons
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 47 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 12:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I have seldome seen a minimum order from an online hobby shop. There is frequently a minimum handling charge that tends to discourage small buys, but there is certainly no widespread minimum order requirement.

As top a Canadian shop, you could try Northstar Hobbies in Mississauga, they will mail order for you. I know they carry several masking products so you could even call them, see if it's in stock, pass on your credit card detilas and get them to ship it right then.

The url is:
http://www.northstar-hobbies.com/

Now, I just looked for Micromask in their online catalogue and it's not there, but they do carry it in the store. Call them & I'm sure they'll ship it to you.

Paul

Very true.... I was also going to suggest north star hobbies, but again, like you, I didn't see the masking product on their online catalogue... I think I saw the masking product, Micro Mask for like 6 bucks at the store, last time I checked.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:20 AM UTC
ive ordered twice with millitaryhobbies.ca. once it took about a month to recieve, which is very good because i gave them the wrong psotal code... and hte second time 2 weeks with an out of stock item on my list.

only good experiences, good prices, free shiping over 50 dollars with credit card, and they accept c.o.d's.

Frank
bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
entire network: 471 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
This is a little off topic, but have you looked at the local Walmart? They having artists masking fluids with the crafty type stuff. Not sure if it is the same thing or if walmart is anymore accessable than a hobby shop for you. I picked up a bottle of the stuff they carry but haven't used it yet
Military hobbies(in ON) is an excellent place to deal with, I order from them every 3-4 months and have only had 1 order where I had to wait more than a week or 2. I don't think they carry masking agents though.
 _GOTOTOP