_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
I got a new digi cam
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 02:05 AM UTC
I got Sony's 7.2mp DSCP200 to replace my Canon power shot S50. For the price it sets you back (US$600) I'm pretty disappointed.

Maybe it's me, but my hands have to be really still to take a picture with sony. I find that I have to re-take very often. Even with the 7.2mp, I feel my older 5mp canon is still much better. The pics I get from canon (placing both cameras settings the same) seem to be better compared to Sony's. It somehow comes out more sharper.

ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hi Mondo,
congrats on the new purchase. YOu might want to pick up a good tripod for taking pics of your model. The Macro mode is so sensitive that it will pick up your shaking hand. Everyone has a tremor and it gets transferred to your pics in macro mode. Also Give it time, your new camera is not the same as your old one so it will take you a little while to get used to the " quirks" of your new one. I jsut recently bought a new camera as well and it took me over 400 pics to finally feel comfortable taking shots of models again. Its a learning curve, thats all. I bet in no time you will be taking great shots again. Good luck.
Cheers,
Bryan
 _GOTOTOP