Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Helga & I are separated
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:06 PM UTC
Friends
I have muche happie news #:-) Helga and I are separated :-) That Bi is up in Hartford,CT I am down here at my mother's house in Pa :-) That moody B had to be towed last week

She just refused to be "turned on" by me The Volvo dealer up in Hartford,as of this past friday,couldn't figure out what the problem was So my company paid for a bus ticket to Pa

Boy oh boy Was that a fun 7 hours on the bus Dealing with New York City friday night traffic

They are talking about putting me in another truck Should know if that will happen on monday or tuesday However,I will have to go back up to Hartford to get the rest of my stuff

Like my TV,models etc

Manie warm wishes :-) (++)
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:35 PM UTC
I don't know wheter to be happy :-) or sad for you Chad,
On the good side no more dumby breakdowns But You will miss Helgas harsh iron fist rule. :-)
I hope everything works out well for you Mister Chad sir.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Thanks Andy
If I do get a "new wife" :-) :-) hopefully she won't be so "high maintenance"
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,314 Posts
KitMaker Network: 185 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 11:47 PM UTC

In a world full of change, there was always one constant ------- that (when she wanted to), Helga could always "get rough" with Lord Kenworth (++)

Possibly the end of an era Lord Zodstertron. As you may recall, I have seen her, and she is beautiful

Keep us posted on what happens Chaddus, and post pics if something new comes up for your ride.

Signed
Kenworth jr.
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 01:05 AM UTC
You gonna call your new wife "Helga Too" Chad?

Pete
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 07:55 AM UTC
I know what ya mean Chad..... The fuel pump went out on my truck last week. I just had it fixed only a year and a half ago, and the part had a warranty on it for only one year. Needless to say..... we had to fork out another $516 for another fuel pump and labor charges..

(++)
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 09:22 AM UTC
I smell the begining of a possible diorama.A volvo truck model similar to Helga,wiht the hood ope and smoke rising out.
We all should have a naming contest for the new truck,if Helga is to be put down. (++) (++)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 09:39 AM UTC
Howdy 'Zod,

Sorry to hear of your recent miseries.....and to be honest, from your input, I'm not quite sure whether to feel anguish or relief at your present state of affairs..........

I will qoute......" But You will miss Helgas harsh iron fist rule ...."

Methinks, you might be harbouring some wicked personality trait that we cannot speak of here.....or, at the very least, maybe the Shakespearean phrase "...I think thou doth protest too much..." might apply to your ongoing Love /Hate relationship with the fine metal Queen of the Road in scarlet clothing,,,,,,

........just a thought .......

Tread.

An afterthought my friend........maybe you should give some thought to christening your potential new Interstate mount something more along the lines of a dependable lady of history such as........Magdeline, or 'Maggie' for short.......or, if you still feel the need for some 'steel' in the name.......how about 'Margaret'?........you know, after Mrs. Thatcher.....
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 01:49 PM UTC
Lord Zod...I am also sorry to hear of how Helga is treating you. She has become more and more obstinant in her old age. Perhaps it is time that you move on to a newer model. One that will understand you better, and treat you right.

Mary (++)
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,314 Posts
KitMaker Network: 185 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 02:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Perhaps it is time that you move on to a newer model.

Some thing tells me my other half wishes that about 10 times a day :-) :-)

Lord Chaddie, as someone mentioned above, perhaps this is time to launch a DSB sanctioned "Name that Truck" contest for your new wheels. I am sure some very appropriate names would be offered for your consideration. After all, we are all family here.

Signed
Charter Member Lord Kenworth Fan Club
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 02:57 PM UTC
Helga had told me in a dream...that she wanted to know what it would be like to recieve a lube job from another trucker...perhaps you just don't know how to treat your diesels bro...maybe what she needed was another with a firmer grip on her steering controls....a more forceful use of her gear shifter....someone with alittle more "lead in their pencil" or foot...or....dare i say....a replacement with a "cummins" V903 engine...

hehehe...you pig!

or...your governor was stuck open at a high RPM and clogged your injectors with too much carbon from the crappy fuel that this "wrong war" has flooded the american market with...hehe
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hehehe...you pig!

or...your governor was stuck open at a high RPM and clogged your injectors with too much carbon from the crappy fuel that this "wrong war" has flooded the american market with...hehe

Back in mid-April I had the fuel filter changed out in Kentucky It was 40 miles or so north of Nashville,TN The mechanic told me I had oil in the fuel system He couldn't fix it there It was just a lube/tire shop basically

I went and delivered the load The following day I took Helga to a Cummins dealer The dude saw how dark the fuel was He took some out and went in to talk to service manager

He came back out 15 minutes or so later and said it's ok on these new Cummins to get oil in the fuel system Personally I think that the oil ate away at the O rings for the fuel injectors

The day she was towed the tow truck driver changed the fuel filter While we were at his shop he took of the outer shell on the filter Man that thing was black as oil I only had it on 7 weeks

We fuel a lot at Pilot truck stops I think that is part of the problem as well As a company driver I gotta get fuel where company tells me too
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I smell the begining of a possible diorama.A volvo truck model similar to Helga,wiht the hood ope and smoke rising out.
We all should have a naming contest for the new truck,if Helga is to be put down. (++) (++)

If there's gonna be a diorama it will be of an IS-2 Stalin tank crushing Helga

If Helga is put down I like the idea of having a contest for naming my new truck I will let ya'll know
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know what ya mean Chad..... The fuel pump went out on my truck last week. I just had it fixed only a year and a half ago, and the part had a warranty on it for only one year. Needless to say..... we had to fork out another $516 for another fuel pump and labor charges..

(++)

That sucks Penny At least it didn't quit on you a day or two after the warranty was done
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You gonna call your new wife "Helga Too" Chad?

Pete

Don't think so :-)