Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Team Armorama Clan: "Forgotten Hope"
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:06 PM UTC
Whats up fellas,
David Brown(lestweforget) and I have been playing Battlefeild 1942's mod called "Forgotten Hope". We have been switching around ideas with each other and came up with this for starting a clan:

This clan is strictly for armorama members and people who have the forgotten hope mod.

The clan wont do any tournaments.

The clan will use WWII tactics in the game, and use them effectively to where the enemy gets killed... lol.

If your interested in joining and are somewhat dedicated player please put down:

Your best class of weapons for Forgotten Hope, if your interested in flying, infantry, tanks, etc.

We will also need a TeamSpeak server for in game strats and better use of tactics, so if anyone can provide us with one, we would be extremely greatful.

If there is any interest in this post it on this thread, we will provide further info if we see that theres some interest.

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:48 PM UTC
How's that Aussie accent comin' along mate?
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:27 PM UTC
Croicky mate! im glad you bloody asked! Its goin great, ya reckin? When we play together its just like throwin a shrimp on the barbie. Ya catch my drift mate?
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:30 PM UTC
......... :-) :-) :-) Ya, i know dude, it's like, woah man, totally gnarly.
Peace out fellas.
:-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:35 PM UTC
Rolling on floor.....
Harrison with the Texas accent talking like Crock dude..... Steve Irwin.....LOL..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 12:09 AM UTC
Arizona Dave, gosh, and i'll have you know they are ENTIRELY different

I mean crikey, youve gotta be able to tell the difference.

But to get back on track, if anyone does play Forgotten Hope and is interested, let us know here or you can e-mail or pm Harrison or me anytime.
Cheers
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 12:18 AM UTC
Already in a Unit (++)

3rd Armored Division
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
OK... Arizonaian accent..... :-) :-)

tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 07:34 AM UTC
David is the one and only true Southerner from Aussie..Heck..i lived in South Carolina all my life and he coaches me on having a southern accent....LOLOL :-)

To get back on topic..don't play the game..sorry guys..
Mary :-) (++)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:30 AM UTC
Howdy fellow gamers,

I'd be more than up for a game. I tried FH after being pointed at it by our own good member Kencelot, and finding it very enjoyable! My only input is, that it's a darn shame there isn't an Apache in the game....

To answer the question Tsunami posed;

I'd be best as a pilot. My early years spent as a helo driver alllowed me a pretty good ongoing ' third' sense/running memory of geography and topography while flying. And with the flying chore's being carried out while wearing horse&buggy 'blinders' in BF '42, this 'third' sense is somewhat helpful.....
But count me in wherever you need me.

Tread.

Oh, BTW. I generally go by the callsign 'Liberty Valance' while playing, so could I just keep that?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hi there

I've got BF1942 but have never played online - so, if you need cannon fodder - I can always download the mod and join in. :-) Staff_Jim's an ACE at this - he tells me...

All the best

Rowan
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC

".........Staff_Jim's an ACE at this - he tells me... ........"

Hmmmm, is that so. I wonder what his usual callsign is......this way I can check my list of fuselage 'kill' markings and see how many his name might be on........

{ hehehe......}

Tread.
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 359 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
I think I'd like to join the clan. I saw the forgotten hope mod pack and it looks awesome!

As for the type of player, I'm a fairly good shot, so I usually snipe In BF 1942. I'm also good at flying too, but I prefer to be on the ground.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 10:37 AM UTC
Re- flying in BF1942... I must be mssing something! I love flights sims but flying in this just seems to be wallowing about waiting to be shot.

Ground combat seems great though... As I say, I've only ever played against the bots.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 10:53 AM UTC
Actually Rowan, the flight 'dynamics' are pretty good in BF '42 for the most part. The prop jobs are slow on the take off, the 109 climbs better than the Spit, the B-17 is a a laborious behemoth (kinda what I imagine it to be), and the rotary wing stick feedback isn't all that 'wrong'. The LOACH, and the Apache are pretty good, but I still think the Blackhawk is unreasonably slow on the control input. I actually think the LOACH or 'Littlebird' could be even faster on the controls (the bloody thing's a Ferrari! ) but then it would probably be unflyable by most average players.....

The tank warfare is also pretty good, but the original 'arcing' of the rounds fired by the Sherman were funny as heck.....but then I suppose ti was designed to be playable by as wide an audience as possible.

Tread.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 11:02 AM UTC
Hi Tread

You're going to HAVE to teach me how to control the planes in the game! It's coming to something when a propellerhead like me prefers to be a grunt!

Can you use a joy-stick? Flying with the mouse drives me crazy. Plus, I seem to hit a "ceiling" and just hang there...

All the best

Rowan
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 01:05 PM UTC
Howdy Rowan,

If I can be of any help, just give a hollar.

As to your query about a joystick...I use a (dated) Microsoft Force Feedback2 joystick for all of my flying. For me it's required. But then you've got to remember, I come form the school of actually flying aircraft.
The younger guys are more ' tuned' into the controller arrangement of the PS/2 and/or the X Box, hence they can fly with the mouse configuration. If I don't have the tactile input I'm used to, I'm frag fodder!.....

Oh, something I forgot to mention as far as the 'dynamics' written into the code of the game itself....there is a definitive difference between prop-powered flight characteristics, and jet-powered flight behaviour, and the folks at BF '42 have done a darn good job of getting it 'comfortable'. For example, if you cut back too much on the throttle while flying a Spitfire (say, while trying to hang around a certain ground point, or attempting to land), your forward momentum (or airspeed) is affected too much and your subsequent 'lift' factor creates a dramatic drop in altitude...... usually resulting in an 'auger'. While, on the other hand, if flying a jet, you can make up the difference with a generous application of your left hand..

Anyway.....that's probably more than you care to hear.

I'm off to chat with my "HERO Right Next Door" fella......back later.

Tread.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
Alright tread, im guessing you have BFV as well?
If so were gonna have to show off our skills, im not too bad with the helos in that at all :-)
As for BF1942, well i can keep it about 1m off the ground, upside down or right side up, you chose
PM me with a time and day.
Cheers
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 03:26 PM UTC
I'll give it a whirl. I've got Xfire loaded already so I just need to get the mod.

Paul
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 12:46 AM UTC
Hi Tread

Flying in BF1942 is SO much better with the joystick! For some reason I didn't think you could configure the game to use one. It took a bit of setting up, but I finally feel like I can control the aircraft for the first time. It's hardly Combat Flight Simulator or IL-2 - but great fun!

Thanks for all your help. Now I'll have to see about playing online... that could be a shock to the system! LOL!

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 05:17 AM UTC
Hi all!

Could someone tell me if the game is Mac OSX friendly?

I would be happy to join in!

Jean-Luc
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 05:41 AM UTC

"......As for BF1942, well i can keep it about 1m off the ground, upside down or right side up, you chose
PM me with a time and day.
......"

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Hmmmm..........did I hear the distinctive sound of a gauntlet being thrown down on a table somewhere????.......

David, I'd be more than happy to joust with you...but your being from the land of the koala I think your "upside down" comment may be more apropos than you think....

Actually, the idea of creating a properly assembled 'clan' from members here at the big 'A' sounds like it has some very good possibilities. I used to play BF quite a bit, but to be honest the lack of any true cohesive plan of attack on most of the servers I visited became very frustrating. And what I mean by that is the general practice of completely misusing the vehicles and aircraft assigned to you. An example would be the use of an F-14 Tomcat consistently strafing ground targets and going head-to head with helos. Most players want to simply go free-for-all at the cost of learning and practicing proper tactics. I've tried to suggest to other players while playing the game to attack flags in at least pairs of two, one for flag acquisition, and the other for covering fire, while at the same time (hopefully) gaining a fast mover up high for air cover from enemy jets and/or missle attacks.........but then maybe I'm just being to serious about it all.

Tread.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 06:05 AM UTC
Me = Winnie_the_Pooh

Where: 24/7 Flaming Dart maps for Battlefield Vietnam

I haven't played BF1942 in ages. I keep thinking I will download a mod....but then they are like 1gb downloads and I give up.

Battlefield 2 looks like it's going to totally rock though. Even with a lot more of the fire-and-forget it stuff that WWII gamers hate. I am sure a mod or add-on pack to move the game back in time 60 years will be available at some point.

Cheers,
Jim

Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 11:59 AM UTC
Hi again

So long as you can put up with an on-line beginner, I'm itchin' to fight for the honour of the Big A - and work to an agreed strategy.

It'd be a joy to co-operate with real people - the bots just aren't programmed for covering fire etc.!

All the best

Rowan
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 05:40 AM UTC
Battlefield 2 is a blast. I'm sure Forgotten Hope will move to this eventually which will jack up the hardware requirements. I have to play on low detail but it's still fun with the new features and vehicles.

Paul