TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Edisode III - Best since Empire!
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hey All,
I saw Sith as well and could go on and on about various plot points but this one jumped in my head.

I wish Vader had his new red lightsaber when he killed all the jedi/younglings. REASON: I feel that the blue lightsaber represents anikin and the the fact that luke uses it so much in the future films. That blade in my eyes is tainted with the blood of many jedi--and i cringe at the thought of luke using it. True, one could say luke didn't know any better.

I think a scene with a changing of lightsabers would have been interesting and pretty symbolic.

Sean
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 01:13 PM UTC
Wife & I saw it Sat night; of course long ago, we saw Ep.IV on original release & have been fans up till Ep.1.

Anyway I rank 'em 4, 5, 3, 6, 2 & don't even acknowledge 1 exists.

Continuity problem.
In IV, Obi-Wan doesn't seem to know who Leia is.
In V, when Yoda & Obi-Wan are talking about Luke & what if he gets killed, Yoda says "There is another" -- and Obi-Wan seems surprised.

Yet in III, Obi-Wan was present at the birth & naming of the two & knew what was going on.

George should have not put Obi-Wan at the birth, but later be given Luke to carry off w/o being told of Leia. Then it would have made sense.

Of course that would have ruined all the dreams that sent Anakin over the top ....

Oh, well ....

I thought Ewan McGregor did a great job this time making his character like Alec Guinness -- the transition really works from III -> IV in that regard.

John
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 01:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyway I rank 'em 4, 5, 3, 6, 2 & don't even acknowledge 1 exists.

Hey! That's my ranking order. No fair! :-)

Yeah, I agree with what you said about Leia and didn't really think about that one.

Maybe only Yoda should have been at the birth to know the secret. Give Obi Wan Luke and tell him to take him to the Lars on Tatooine but not tell him about Leia just in case something happened so Vader would not find out about the twins if either one was discovered.

Man, we should have written these things!

Steve
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 02:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i still think they should have shown the rebellion being organised

A friend of mine who keeps up on this stuff told me that there was a scene that helped explain the dawn of the rebellion but it was left on the cutting room floor. Apparently Lucas had enough film to make the movie at least a good hour longer. Some of it we may never see but hopefully there will be an extended version DVD much like the Lord of The Rings.

Mike
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 09:17 PM UTC
Son and Heir, Significant Other and I thought it was great!
Despite the holes in the plot/ continuity I thought it was the best one yet... I felt the way I did when I saw the original back in 1977 or whatever. Good stuff.
Can't wait for Episode 7!!!
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 01:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

At the time of SW: Episode III, Han would have been either four or five years old at the most. I think Han is older than the novels/references cite by a few years. He doesn't know his parents - and from a very young age he had been taken into "slavery" by the felon Garris Shrike when he found Han lost and wandering alone on Corellia. Shrike kept a lot of children to aid him in thievery onboard his freighter Trader's Luck. Trader's Luck orbited Corellia, but also visited many worlds - could have visited Coruscant at the time of Episode III. Han finally escaped from Garris Shrike when he was 19.

I also hold this belief as to the origins and life story of Han Solo. I try to only focus on the "Canon" as all these novels out there are not written by Lucas. Take Boba Fett, for example, I personally like what Lucas did with his character. It goes against what many believed though, as they went by a Star Wars novel's take on him.

My wife shared an interesting idea with me about all the age discrepancies throughout the films. She suggested Einstein's Relativity theory could have played a part - example - Anakin & Padme. While he spent a good amount of time on Coruscant in the Jedi Temple (early on) Padme probably traveled through Hyper-space often therefore Anakin would appear to have caught up to her in years.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 03:28 AM UTC
I don't think you will see those extra scenes in an extended version. Did he do that with I and II?

III is the only new film I want to get on DVD though.

Steve
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 02:06 PM UTC
I hear the edited DVD for I & II will reduce Jar Jar Binks screen time ....

John
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 01:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

after all mark hamill aint don't much since the original films LOL

unless of course you include his phenomenal portrayal of 'Cocknocker' in 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'!
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:41 AM UTC
I don't think we will see a 7, 8, and 9. Lucas is done with Star Wars movies.

I read a little bit of the Making of Episode III and it really tells a lot. We may think Lucas has all these plots laid out in his head ready to be filmed but he doesn't. From the book he came up with ideas, looked at art from his production team, then eventually wrote a script.

When Episode II was coming out, people that worked for Lucas who make the movies didn't know what the next story would be.

And in the book, Lucas seems pretty tired of the Star Wars process. After all, it did take almost 10 years to make these three.

We will see Indiana Jones IV and maybe a Star Wars TV show, but no more movies (I think!).

Steve
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 07:37 AM UTC
saw it, liked it.

The only confusing thing is Padme dying. only because Leia says she remembers her mother (albeit only in memories)

The No scream by Vader was cheesy.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:07 PM UTC
Just saw it tonight! Excellent. However my friend has never seen 4,5 and 6. She is seeing it in the book order. A lot of little things like in 2 when Dooku takes the Death Star plans and earlier versions of Star Destoyers means nothing to her. Another thing that will be really weird to her is when Luke first meets Leia and has a thing for her. Since she already knows they are bro and sis it will be sick to her. The realization that Luke and Leia are siblings will not have the same effect.

Going back to the Sidious creating Anikin... the mother id say that she didn't know how she got pregnant. What confuses me is how does Sidious know that Qui gon and Obi wan will end up on Tatooine and find the boy unless he has super duper foresight. Do you supposed there are a lot of little kids with high midi chlorites and that the plan kicked in when one of these kids was discovered?

My major dislike was the way that Anikin simply pledged his loyalty to Sidious. TO me it seemed like he simply wanted to save Padme, promised to be loyal to Sidious and killed a bunch of people because he was told to do so. I think I would have prefered that he stopped Mac WIndu from killing Sidious but that they have a long fight rather that the brief attack. Maybe somewhere during the fight with Windu, Anakin becomes consumed with the dark side. Perhaps this fight could have taken place in the Jedi building and the younglings witness it and Anakin just goes on a killing spree all while becoming consumed. His eyes could have changed destroying Windu and the Jedis in the temple rather than when he killed the seperatists.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 01:16 AM UTC
Two questions

1) Speaking of Vader being Luke's father...

After seeing ROTS it is my impression that Vader believes that Amidala is dead and therefore there is no child. We know for sure that he is unaware there are twins .

How or when does he come to the realization that Luke is his son? I cannot find a point in the movie (to be honest I only looked at ESB) that tips him off before he makes his bold announcement to handless Luke at the end of the catwalk. I know Vader discovers twin Leia through Luke's mind.

2) Darth Maul and Darth Tyrannous. It is said in TPM that there are always two Sith's, a Master and an Apprentice. Palpatine is the secret Master and Darth Maul is the apprentice. Maul gets killed. Is that when Palpatine recruits Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus as a new apprentice? That was not very clear to me. It almost seemed like Tyrannus (not in the movie appearance but in character experiences) was around much longer than Maul.

BTW What is a Darth???
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:53 AM UTC
Reading about how Lucas makes the movies is very telling. I think he puts a script together and if there are holes in the plot, well that's for the audience to worry about.

He's far more concerned witht he way things look than the words that come out of people's mouths.

Scenes with Han Solo were not filmed as far as I know. Early on in the creation of the script Lucas planned to have Han help Yoda on the Wookie planet but his appearance in the film was dropped early in the writing process.

Steve