TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
The end of Enterprise.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 10:17 AM UTC
Gunnie....lol....

Well I hate to agree then disagree but...

Yes season 1 of ST-TNG was the worse season of ANY ST show... but season 2 was much improved and the final ep of season 3, Best of Both Worlds, well... that to me is the best hour of Trek EVER.

ST-Enterprise has been...in a word... disappointing. I mean the production quality was there. Even the actors were not bad in the least. But the stories....and the complete lack of capturing the feel of what should have been a very exciting time for humans. It was not there....EVER.

Cheers,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 10:22 AM UTC
heh heh - guess we shouldn't moan - it could have been worse...

Star Trek being done by the WB!

Gunnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 10:28 AM UTC
I honestly think that Rick Berman and team should step aside and let a new fresh team have a wack at it. Let's face it...they are burnt out after 17 years of doing Trek.

Jim
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 07:40 AM UTC
I forgot Best of Both Worlds. That's probably one of the best things that was ever made for TV.

I really didn't watch STNG, but I saw that when it first aired and remember saying that it was more like going to the movies than seeing a TV show.

But the NG characters never did it for me for some reason. Maybe it was too slick compared t the original.

Funny how some things you like and some you don't.

Steve
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 04:39 PM UTC
I have to agree with gunnie. I was so excited when The next generation hit the small screen. By the end of the first year, I quit watching it. Felt it ripped off the original a little too much and not one of the characters got to me. Throughout the years I watched various episodes, maybe I was cursed, but other than a few really great episodes I saw with the Borg, everytime it seemed to be either Data or Picard playing in the "Holo room". Now that ain't Star Trek...that's just weak storylines or pi$$-poor writing