Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
How to say "Open your eyes"
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 06:25 AM UTC
Hey Jeff, here it is in Ukrainian: відкрий очі

pronounced something like this: vidkriy ochi

In Russian and Ukrainian you don't usually say "your" in something like this, therefore only two words - open eyes
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 03:00 PM UTC
Thanks for the help everyone!!! I got to see the video this weekend and it is coming along very nicely. It's great being able to hop on the Internet, ask a question, and get piles of answers and assistance!
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 1,066 Posts
KitMaker Network: 324 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 09:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is indeed a nice topic... Now I`m even able to tell the foreign people I work with how they have to open their eyes. You`ll never know when that will be usefull.

Ok I have another pair since Ronny already gave the Dutch way of saying open your eyes which is Open je Ogen. I have some in Dutch Dialects of which I am now imagining it would be extremely funny to hear them out of the mouth of people that don`t speak Dutch.
Ok Here goes

Doe die oogkleppen weg!!!
Luiken open!!!!
Ut worre nou toch toid da`je goa koiken!!!

I`m not really sure if even the rest of Holland is able to speak that last one :-) :-)

Haags: Auguh Aupuh, al dan niet met ernstige ziekte als krachtterm

translated: The Hague dialect: Auguh Aupuh. The The hague dialect is probably the most guttural of all dutch dialects. Also, they have the tendency to add a nasty disease as an adjective ( didn't want to repeat it here, but dutch members will know what i mean )

Rotturdams: kek uit je doppe

Rotterdam dialect: look out of your shells. The rotterdam accent has long o's and rolling r's .
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
In stafford virginia its, dag on open dem eyes of yers and look at muh new mud boggin truck......ahh rednecks cant live w/ out them