_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
airbrushes
sarge
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 130 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 11:20 PM UTC
hi guys
i,m looking for recommendations for a new airbrush , can any of you guys point me in the right direction and where is a good place to get one preferbly in the northwest
thanks in advance
Teacher
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 11:44 PM UTC
Sarge, the best place is on line. That's where you're nearly always going to get the lowest price. Try somewhere like Antics. If it's your first then for ease of clean up etc. you're probably going to be better off going for one of the Aztecs. Then you'll have the air source to sort out.

Vinnie
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 01:38 AM UTC
Antics or www.anticsonline.co.uk will have it, price £99-99.

I bought my Badger airbrush from the USA at about half price it was in the UK including import duties. At e-Hobbyland the A4706 is going for $93-99.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 07:45 AM UTC
Hi there

Following Mal's recommendation, I'm using a Simair Evolution. It's superb quality and has a choice of needles included as standard. It's easily on a par with my Iwata - but I like the "action" even better.

Airbrushes are very personal choices - if at all possible try a couple of different types before you buy.

All the best

Rowan
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 02:00 AM UTC
i think its all depend upon which airbrush you currently have??

Airbrushes are a personal thing what may work for one may not work for you, I have been using a badger 200 (with medium and fine tips) for years. someone suggested a Aztec and it was the worst airbrush i had used, blocked up wouldnt spray correctly so i sold it and went back to my badger 200. but i know modellers who have no problem with there aztecs and get great results.

In an ideal world you would be best off borrowing different types to try till you found one you where happy with.

i would recommend the badger as its simple to use, clean and you can get great results with the the diiferent tips

cheers

keith forsyth
sarge
Visit this Community
entire network: 130 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 11:56 PM UTC
hi guys
thanks for the info and sorry for the delay in replying but work got in the way i have a commpressor and a cheap single action airbrush but i feel i need a good double action one been thinking about a badger 155 or a iwata one , any adice would be helpful
Phil73805
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 59 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 08:16 PM UTC
Hi Sarge, I'm also new to airbrushing (just finishing my second model) and I've got to say I can't believe I ever used a brush! I remember painting a UH-1D Huey by hand and that it took me hours to get a smooth consistent finish which could have been achieved in seconds with an airbrush, D'OH!

I have a Badger 155 and I would recommend it without reservation. It is easy to clean, hardwearing and remarkably user friendly. It also has the added benefit of one nozzle does all and the thinness of the lines you can produce is really quite impressive.

Having said that, when I was up at Duxford (well worth the trip!) I was chatting with one of the engineers and he was singing the praises of the Aztec line of airbrushes and their versatility and staggering ease of maintenance. I have to say that I was seriously tempted to buy one.

I hope that's of some help.

Phil

kubelmanjam
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 66 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:52 PM UTC
look on ebay
i got an iwata h-p b for 55 pounds
almost 60 pounds cheaper that in shops
it came from taiwan but is a great airbrush