TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
For Clive Cussler fans
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 07:12 AM UTC
I'm putting this here because it also sort of goes with the new movie Sahara coming out.

Clive Cussler is going to be opening a museum showcasing his antique car collection. Arvada by the way is a suburb south of Denver.

Auto magic: Cussler classics to be displayed
By Bill Husted
Denver Post Columninst

Best-selling author Clive Cussler is about to open his world-class Arvada-based car collection to the public. The Cussler Museum should be up and running in May, the author tells me, operated by his daughter Teri Toft.

Toft says that half of Cussler's 87 vintage cars will be on display to the public for the first time. Admission would be about $6. This is a big deal.

"The cars are so incredible," says Toft. "They've sat in the warehouse for 20 years. People should get to look at them and enjoy them."

Of course there's always more going on in Cussler's life than cars. The movie of his book "Sahara" comes out April 8 from Denver billionaire Phil Anschutz's Crusader Entertainment. Cussler has been fighting with the production company for about a year, claiming that he was given script and casting approval. He signed off on the cast - Matthew McConaughey (whom he interviewed two times in Telluride), Penelope Cruz, Steve Zahn and Cussler's daughter Dayna Cussler.

But he never approved the script. He told me that he could not discuss it since the case is headed to court in the fall, when he'll be seeking more than $10 million in damages. But he previously told The Denver Post: "They sent me seven scripts, and I inserted each one into the trash can."

Stay tuned.

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 01:08 PM UTC
I sure would like to see his car collection but Denver is just a bit of a drive for me :-)

As far as the lawsuit goes, does this mean that the movie is going to be nothing like the book? I have read some really good books in my life and then was totally disappointed with the movies based on these books. I hope this is a good one.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 06:35 AM UTC
After seeing the advertisments for the movie I will not see Sahara That scene of the old ship firing it's cannon and destroying the helicopter?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 07:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

After seeing the advertisments for the movie I will not see Sahara That scene of the old ship firing it's cannon and destroying the helicopter?

The ship is in the book, but it certainly isn't firing any cannons.

I doubt I'll see the movie in a first run theater. I might wait till it hits the $1 theater we have in town, or even wait till it's out on DVD.

I hate it when Hollywood seems to think they have to change everything in a book. I didn't care much for the movies of Cussler's Raise the Titanic, or Jack Higgans The Eagle has Landed, for just that reason.

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 09:03 AM UTC
I've read the book so I know how it turns out :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:27 AM UTC
I am pretty sure the ending will be in the movie as one of the very very early promos had a quick flash of it. I have a strong feeling though they jazzed it up into a sort of James Bondy thing. They lost control of those somewhere after Thunderball. The movies only similarites to the books were the names and the characters.

You've got to remember that Hollywood targets the teenager on these type of movies. Low attention span so they constantly keep smart-assed remarks and things blasting to keep their attention. Besides, teens if they like it might go see a movie 4 or 5 times. Read the book ???!!! PAHLEEEZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!