Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Here's mine, What's yours?
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 03:36 PM UTC
Here's what my work bench looks like tonight, what's your's look like?

Subs for the Dive Dive Dive campaign, the Saturn V, the Jupiter, and Apollo astronaut are part of larger display on manned space flight in May.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 04:27 PM UTC
My 'workbench' AKA the kitchentable, is in the process of being packed up, as we are about to move to our new home..Unfortunatly there is a lot of work to be done there, such as putting a new kitchen in, lots of painting, etc, so SWMBO insists that I do that first. No models are allowed in the new house untill the work is finished and we have moved in.. . I have however smuggeled a figure in, and just enough paint and two brushes..... :-) :-) :-) :-) .
On the plus side, in this new house there is room for me to create a proper work space, all for myself. I'll show it when it's done.

Cheers
Henk
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 04:51 PM UTC
Congrats Henk on the promotion to a new work space! I know just how you feel. After 18 years of marriage I too at last have my own corner of the house.....it's good to be the king. :-)

Triple Z, I love these types of posts for the same reason.

Does the desk dispense Pepsi? Now all I need is a fridge and TV and I'll never need to leave.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 04:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats Henk on the promotion to a new work space! I know just how you feel. After 18 years of marriage I too at last have my own corner of the house.....it's good to be the king.

awww, poor man, marrage does suck! after 3 years of building legos i got my own room and after 7 years of legos i got my modeling room

Frank
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 05:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After 18 years of marriage I too at last have my own corner of the house.....it's good to be the king.

You have a corner in your house? You ARE a lucky man.. . I was more thinking about a clever conversion of the airing cupboard. No seriously, trust me, I know what I'm doing.. .
It is larger than the average cupboard I might add.
Watch this cupboard space :-) :-)

Henk
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 05:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

awww, poor man, marrage does suck! after 3 years of building legos i got my own room and after 7 years of legos i got my modeling room

It took you SEVEN years to build your modelroom in Lego? Now if you would have been married you would have done that in five. She would have seen to that :-) :-) . When you denounce marriage, I presume you do not yet speak from hard earned experience ? ? It can suck, but find the right woman, and there are not many things that can beat it. Make sure she likes models and clutter though :-) .

Cheers
Henk
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 05:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You have a corner in your house? You ARE a lucky man..

Well, it's a very small corner. By no means palatial. :-)

Who knows, at this rate I'll have a small out building or at least an extention to the garage in another 18 years!
To dare to dream!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 05:49 PM UTC
lol, henk, i reasure you, its not made of legos... thank god, at that age my brother destroyed the "mech-warriors" i built to make some houses lol... that means i never would have had a room lol :-)

Iam actualy looking forward to marrage, but finding a girl that will handle me is one heck of a challenge... its liek askign me to build a dio as nice as the ones kevin(jackhammer81) lol

Frank
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 07:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

When you denounce marriage, I presume you do not yet speak from hard earned experience ? ? It can suck, but find the right woman, and there are not many things that can beat it. Make sure she likes models and clutter though :-) .
Cheers
Henk

After 20 years of marriage I'm still using the dining table and have to clear up after each modelling session, but set against that Chrissie knew she was marrying a modeller and that she'd have to live with all the clutter so she can't complain now!
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 - 08:04 PM UTC
Well, here is mine

what you dont see is a shelf for workbench models left from it and 3 drawers full of paints, jars, tools etc...

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 02:20 AM UTC
You can also check out people profiles - there is a section for workbench photos.
Or go to the Dark Room section of the Gallery
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=13711&password=
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 604 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 02:32 AM UTC
And mine....

Art
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 05:51 AM UTC
Art, now that we see where you store all your coffee...where the heck do you model at???? :-) :-) :-)
Mary
Sumpfhund
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 39 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 04:09 PM UTC
Greetings Gents,

When we moved into our new house (I say new, It was built in 1945) my wife banished me to the garage. After much ladying and complaining, cold days trying to get another halftrack finished and craploads of dust all over my creations I succeeded in getting the OK to take over the small Unicorn decorated room near the kitchen. Now its all mine!!! Moo Ha ha Ha Ha! :-) I moved the computer in and built a small desk and have been in hog heaven ever since.
An understanding wife is worth her weight in gold whn you are a struggling modeler (Thats alot of Gold! )

Ryan
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 04:36 PM UTC
well, i guess as logn as you got something to built it doesnt matter were you build it! i spent a whiel with nothing to build!

Frank
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 04:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

An understanding wife is worth her weight in gold whn you are a struggling modeler (Thats alot of Gold! )

Let's hope she doesn't lurk on the site in her spare time...
And your desk is way to tidy... :-) :-)

Cheers
Henk
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 05:14 PM UTC
Mary;
Cute, really cute :-) The plastic coffee cans come in handy for all sorts of things (honey drinks a lot of coffee so I figured why waste them). In answer to your question, when I get rolling, I pretty much use the whole shop (there's another bench on the left with my scroll saw, miter saw and other power tools, and the old microwave cart on the right is my spray booth).

Art
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 06:48 PM UTC
Art,
Nothing meant by my comment at all..Really..i think your space is awesome. I wish i had a space like that for Kevin and I to model in. (then we might get all our stuff off the dining room table) :-) :-) :-)
Mary (++)
Sumpfhund
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 39 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 06:59 PM UTC
Yeah its waaay too clean alright. I got a 14 month old who can reach up there and destroy anything that aint' CA'd down. Just give me a few hours and a few more Bourbon and Cokes tonight and it will be normal, I promise.
Ryan
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 02:19 AM UTC
ok I'll give it a go. Here's the paint and glue fume factory.

Paul
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 04:13 AM UTC
Mary;
No sweat. I knew you were just kidding but figured I'd give you an answer anyway. And don't be too envious. One of the drawbacks to a big workspace is that every once in a while you have to CLEAN IT UP AND ORGANIZE!!!

Art
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 06:36 AM UTC
I've posted this before, but it remains relatively unchanged.

"The War Room" as my family calls it:

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 12:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mary;
No sweat. I knew you were just kidding but figured I'd give you an answer anyway. And don't be too envious. One of the drawbacks to a big workspace is that every once in a while you have to CLEAN IT UP AND ORGANIZE!!!

i try to get mommy to clean my modeling room, but it turns out useless everytime lol, Maybe i could get oumpa loumpas to clean my room

Frank