Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
And yet another new toy for Rob...
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 01:37 PM UTC
Rob is really enjoying his job that pays him nicely so he can afford all these new toys.

2002 Hyundai Sonata, DOHC V6, slap shifter automatic, sunroof, clothe seats, CD, power everything, alloy wheels, fog lights.

Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 01:49 PM UTC
Where is the snow? Nice car BTW. :-)
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 03:35 PM UTC
No snow, sorry, we only get it a few times a year and it never stays more than a month.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 04:08 PM UTC
Very nice Rob. A little weathering will bring that to life. Is it the AMT or Italeri kit?

Chuck
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 04:47 PM UTC
:-) It's the hyundai 1:1 scale replica. :-)
no weathering on this bad boy.
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 05:54 PM UTC
nice ride Rob....but you would think a guy that could afford this could spell cloth.

just kidding Bro
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 06:51 PM UTC
Hey when you have money you leave the little things like spelling and grammer to the little people. :-) :-) :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 07:24 PM UTC
Nice car Rob! ICongratulations! Is this the new Tamiya release? :-) :-) :-) :-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 07:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DOHC V6, slap shifter automatic,

And in a country where over 55mph gets you a .38special pointed at you through the window and a sharp 'can I see your licence buddy?'. . :-) :-)
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 08:15 PM UTC
I hate to tell ya but the speed limit has been raised to 70 in most states and some go as high as 85. There are some higways in Montana that have no speed limit at all now. And the .38 specials have ben replaced with .45 ACP and 9MM parabellums. But we get the pont. :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 08:46 PM UTC
hmmm Roo is getting a new set of wheels soon too. 8kph top speed and 50 klicks to the charge and british racing green in color :-)

lol nice one Rob but I would rather have one of them nice Chrysler classics that look like a new restored 40's car. LOL :-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hate to tell ya but the speed limit has been raised to 70 in most states and some go as high as 85. There are some higways in Montana that have no speed limit at all now. And the .38 specials have ben replaced with .45 ACP and 9MM parabellums. But we get the pont. :-)

It's ok Rob, just having a little dig and a bit of fun - I have a lot of friends in the states and traffic cops seem to be their pet hate. I didn't know they'd scrapped the 'double nickel' though.

Whenever my friends come over here they insist on driving everywhere themselves because they don't get to drive on twisty roads so much there.

Nice looking car by the way. The only decent Hyundai we get over here is the S-coupe - all the others are just overgrown shopping trolleys.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 02:55 AM UTC
you forgot to sand off that seam line that runs from the lights to the arch! :-) nice looking motor mate,how many times has it been polished since you got it?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 03:21 AM UTC

"...Whenever my friends come over here they insist on driving everywhere themselves because they don't get to drive on twisty roads so much there......"

...or, country roads where there isn't enough room for two cars to pass each other!....and where one or the other has to allow the other by.....
Just tuggin' at ya Dave.

Nice sled BTW Rob. For a sec when I scrolled down I thought you bought yourself a Jag. It has those lines IMHO.

Tread.

Oh, and I thought the "power everything" was only reserved for us 'old fougies'....how did you qualify?
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 01:02 PM UTC
First of all, Roo, I am really sorry it has come to that. I want you to know you are in my prayers as well as those of many other members here. I like the chryslers too, but I had to go with consumer reports and they said Hyundais this time.

Dave I was afraid thats what people would think when I said I got a hyundai but the response has been pretty positive so I am a happy guy. Maybe I'll let you drive it next time you visit this side of the pond.

Phil, I will go over that seam again just for you. And to my credit it cme from the showroom clean right into my garage, so no polishing yet.

Gordon I know what you mean about it looking like a jaguar, I think it's quiet diggnity is what drew me too it in the first place. And I am 31 so I qualify for power everything under the midlife crisis clause.

Thanks for your kind responses to my small brag.