_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Michael's Craft Stores
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 06:23 AM UTC
Some of you guys know about this awesome resource of hobby materials but let me fill you in on something I found out while in there today. About 90% of their paint brushes (all kinds..sable, nylon, bristle, etc.) are on sale at 50% off through March 2. I spoke to one of the associates there and she says that the sale is chain-wide so you should be able to get the same thing at a store near you. I picked up several good sable brushes at great savings.

Also-check your local Sunday newspaper for a 40% off discount coupon to use at Michael's. There's a coupon every Sunday in our paper and I use it to pick up oil paint, brushes, knife blades, etc. You can't use the coupon oil already discounted items (like the brushes) but it does come in handy.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC
Many thanx for the heads-up Tin. I frequent Michael's fairly often. Also Hobby Lobby when they have their model inventory on discount. Tell me, is that 40% on everything in the store?

Tread.

P.S. Hobby Lobby, (if you have one of those in your neighborhood) has a 50% off sale twice a year on everything in the store. I usually pickup a few of my Tamiya kits at that time (just wish they carried a larger selection) :-)
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 08:25 AM UTC
What a bummer...I've never heard of either one of them. Being here in just about the most southern part of the continental US the only one I'm familiar with is Pearls Arts and Crafts. And they don't carry anything worthwhile as far as models are concerned.
But wow guys, those of you who have such a store are pretty lucky. Considering that I think Pearls are somewhat over priced to begin with, so when they have a sale their prices are just a little below par of the other's regular prices.
I think I'll do a little web search to see if anyof those are "somewhat" close by.
Thanks for the info.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 08:38 AM UTC
Ken, your in Florida right? I know for a fact they have Michael's in Florida. Check your phone book.

Quoted Text

Tell me, is that 40% on everything in the store?

You got it Tread. As long as it's not already on sale you can use it. The kicker is that it can only be used on one item-i.e., the most expensive one...lol! The one here even sales badger air compressors and I thought about one of those for a while until I found what I wanted somewhere else.
 _GOTOTOP