Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
can anyone help with ipod problem
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
My daughter is driving me mad she got one of those things for christmas and now it wont upload music from my computor to her ipod.every time we set it up to load a c.d. we get a diialogue box saying,"the ipod danielle keogh's ipod is linked to another Itunes Library, do you want to change the link to this Itunes music library&replace all existing songs and playlists on this Ipod with those from this Library" YES or NO . now she has had this come up before but she needed at that time to wipe the disc so she pressed yes and got the required result but this time she only wants to up load her latest c.d. I pressed NO on the dialogue box and nothing happens no uploading, zippo, Ive tried the help sections and even their website but theres nothing there to help. Can anyone help and make me a Hero
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 09:08 AM UTC
John, have you tried to rip it to your music library first, than try to synch to the ipod?
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 09:27 AM UTC
You might have to do a reset on the iPod. Has she loaded songs from another PC. Sometimes just unhooking and reconnecting does the trick.

Paul
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
Thanks for your replies guys, You may have to bare with me here as you may well know Im a total Homer where computors are concerned. Right what we have is her Library with all her c.d.'s that she has put on the Ipod another screen contains a listing of the new c.d. she has copied to Itunes, we have checked all the boxes for the tracks she wishes to upload to the Ipod, we plug it in to the usb port (we get a dialogue box about the port not being highspeed version 2 but we have uploaded before without problems) the Ipod starts to upload then the dialogue box i mentioned in the origonal post pops up, now if I click yes it will wipe the Ipod, so I press No the box goes away and nothing else happens Would it be an idea to reload the software?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 10:07 AM UTC
Are you getting the option: "Update songs on iPod" ? Or is it greyed out?
Another possible solution would be to try dragging songs to the iPod from the iTunes list .

BTW, which ipod are you using? Mini, Photo, Shuffle...
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 10:19 AM UTC
First I would ensure that the CD has been copied to her library first. Then double check the contents of the iPod against the contents of iTunes. In the scheme of things, iTunes is the master of the iPod. If you delete a song from iTunes then the next time you connect the iPod the update will delete the song from the iPod.

Does she know why it says that her iPod is controlled by another iTunes library. An iTunes library can control several iPods but not the other way around.

The iPod can be confused. Do you have XP? If so are you running several profiles? Is this the computer that she initially loaded the iPod with?

Paul
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 02:42 PM UTC
john, iono what to say since i dont have an ipod, but i do have an mp3. using windows xp, i have a file iwth all my songs, once my mp3 is hooked to my pc you get that little thing saying its plugged on that blue bar at the bottom of ur screen, i then go to my computer, then i see its conected under the bar: devices with removable sotrage i open that then copy/paste the songs from my file to the mp3

no cd required

Frank
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 08:23 PM UTC
The Ipod is the MINI , Im using XP pro and its the machine she first up loaded on, the update to ipod is live,I think I might try the drag method I will keep you posted on the results many thanks for the help