_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
What a waste of time !
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 01:17 PM UTC
Oh no i just spent 3 hours writing a review ,andwhen i pressed preview i got this message Please correct the following error(s):

• Invalid title... can't be blank
• Please go back and choose a Section/Interest group.
• Please choose a manufacturer. Select 'Other' if not on list.
• Invalid introduction text. The review must have an introduction paragraph.
• _INVALIDSUMMARY
• Invalid Overall Score. It must be between 1 and 10

[Please Hit the back button on your browser] and when i did there was nothing there I give up
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 02:01 PM UTC
I know your pain and frustration Kenaz, please don't let that cause you to give up.

I can give you one piece of advice though for when you are ready to try again.
Definitetly write your review in Word or Notepad or some similar program BEFORE you attempt to write it here. Furthermore, when you use one of those programs, you always have a saved copy for just in case the above incident happens again. When you are ready to submit it here just copy and paste it.
Besides, it makes it real easy for you to read the whole review before submitting and enables you to check spelling and or grammar.

Don't give up.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 02:09 PM UTC
Kenaz, been there, done that, and I have a small pile of computers outside my window to proof it.... .
I learnt the hard way that it's best to write anything on a computer in a 'word document', saving very regularly, and then when ready, copy and paste the article where you want it. Sorry to hear about your wasted effort, but it's the same as with models, the first one was not that good, and the glue went everywhere but the model, etc. etc. and after painting the first model with gloss paint (forgot the color, the brain is good at that :-) ) you never want to see a model kit again. But here we are, a few years later, still building and getting better.
Use word and copy and paste next time and it will be fine....

Good luck mate

Henk

EDIT Don't you hate it when somebody else post the same advice at the same time you are typing your's............
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

EDIT Don't you hate it when somebody else post the same advice at the same time you are typing your's............

Yup!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
Kenaz,
I feel your pain, seriously. However from my experience with browsers I can tell you that hitting the back arrow or the link provided will normally return you to the page with the information intact. When this doesn't happen it's a problem with the way the browser is configured (for example having the "check for newer versions of page" to "every time you visit the page". With this setting then yes the browser thinks you want the page cleared of all the data you put there.

We use to have a suggestion/note to compose the review offline and clip and past the text into the submission page. I think I may have removed that text recently when I updated the page with new guidelines for some of the other issues we have been having with reviews. I will add that reminder back.

Sorry for the trouble.

Jim
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 09:21 PM UTC
Thanks everyone :-) i know i should have waited till today but i got the bug late in the night ,and like an idiot
i answered the call :-) i'm over my frustration now and ready and more determined than ever ,thanks for the support ,I can laugh now
:-) :-) :-) .....(sobs loudly) K
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 01:41 PM UTC
lol, ive had it happen with long posts, pain... thats why i copy everythign before cliking send

Frank
 _GOTOTOP