_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Fiberglass bristle brush
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 01:05 AM UTC
I was thinking on buying one of these brushes soon, and would anybody have any insight on which one would be more useful?

They have the fiberglass bristle brush, and the ultra micro fiberglass brush, I'm assuming the ultra is smaller, cause it cost a little less, they don't have any description of the ultra.

But does anybody have either one of these and would know which one would be more useful?

Thank You a head of time
Kerry
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC
i have one of the "regular" ones.... I haven't used ot in awhile but it does have it's uses..... Just remember to use it Wet or w/ a dust mask... Fiberglass is brutal to the lungs!!!
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 12:42 AM UTC
In the late 50's to early 60's I finally moved out of Newark Ohio, but that Owens Corning Fiberglass plant used to have the whole town fill the air with either yellow or pink dust from the fiberglass, you could taste it in your mouth, it was so thick, everyday.

The whole sky would be either yellow or pink, depending on what kind they made that day. A lot of people itch from insulation, but I don't, cause I grew up with it in the air everyday. People wouldn't believe how bad it used to be, but the people there needed jobs, so they never said anything.
Kerry
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 12:53 AM UTC
Kerry, I don't have either one, but for a side-by-side comparrison:

The Mini:

The Ultra:
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 01:54 PM UTC
Thanks a lot for the photos Ken, I got the latest book Micro Mark sent out, and it didn't have them photos in it, just the picture of the big one, it is good to compare.
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP