_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
What is wrong with my computer?
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 12:29 PM UTC
For Christmas, I got a NICE digital camera: 3.0-5.0 megapixal, 8x opitical zoom, and 8x digital camera. I had picked it without knowing it, surprisingly! However, that's another story. Anyway, I can install the software, but I can't download anything. The computer only recognizes my scanner. Do you guys/gals have any solution? Thanks for your time.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 12:38 PM UTC
First a couple of q's:

What camera make and model? What software? What OS? Are you using USB or a Firewire connection?

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 01:07 PM UTC
If you're using a USB cable, you may have a USB 1[/i]x[/i] port and the camera could be USB 2 which are not backward compatible. How old is the computer? Do you have removabel memory in the camera, flash card, memory stick, etc? You might be able to find a compatible reader for the computer. In another thread, either here on on another board, someone suggested there is a hardware solution to having USB 1 read USB 2. Check a good computer store, a small local shop is better than a box store and a dedicated electronics place is better than a home entertainment store. Don't even bother with a regular department store.
PS, it might be a good idea to go back and dlete teh duplicate posts. I know this happens when things get locked up, etc.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 07:28 AM UTC
Check the other post of the same title. Sorry, I didn't know that I had posted this subject twice. Thanks for your time.
 _GOTOTOP