Local, Regional, or International.
A Geel lotta fun!!
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 08:05 PM UTC
Went, saw, conquered, well had fun in any event. The real Highlight of the show (for meà was meeting patman 68, and Ronny Road kill. We took photos together and will post them shortly. The one day show was fun, and there were a lot of excellent pieces in the competition. Ronny put his first ever diorama forth, an outastaning first effort, but was sadly looked over in the judgement process. The theme wad IDF 55 years, and there were quite a few excellent entries at this level. The best of show went to Mario Eens for a king Tiger, and the Public prize to Dieter Metzdorf, for his well known and often viewed diorama depicting numerous (think Ben Hur)German figures engaged in a game of football (soccer). Unfortunaely I entered two first time pieces by a couple of 16 year olds in the OOB category, but that was quickly snagged up by more professional modellers. It is a shame to see that category, initially destined for beginners being used as an ego booster by others. Case in point a CMK Resin Reiks Lokomotive kit was given a gold, when I know for a fact that the person had added hundred of parts to the base kit. How does that sync with out of the box, I'm not certain. I find it however unfortunate that such desire for glory outweighs fair sportsmanship. This might not be the truth that others wish to hear, but it is the truth as I see it. To be generous, the piece may have been mispalced in the category, but surely it should have been moved or disqualified. This, and the fact that the 1/35th class was predominated, prize-wise by WWII German subjects, were the only dark notes for me in an otherwise excellent show meet. The organisers were friendly, efficient anf helpful. It was a good show and one I'd highly recommend. There were adequate trade stands with a little something for everyone. The competition was well decked out and I'd also highly recommend participating (If you do WW2 German). I'll post a report this week complete with photos, and would like to thank Rudi Meir, Danny Lavrys, and Marijn Van Gils and the whole crew for their kindness during the event.

Captain Jack Reporting for Armoram.com International
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 08:51 PM UTC
My little view on events :

This is one of those "small" events I like to go to, very friendly and a good atmosphere.

Even though this is a one day event, I thought, that there where a lot of interested people to look at all those marvelous things those crazy people have made.

There where about 140 entry’s in the competition and I thought they were of a very good quality. the prices were mostly well deserved (and NO I did not get one ).

The area for the merchants was well stocked and you could find a lot of very nice kits and aftermarket sets for a reasonable price (sorry to my wife ) .

It was very nice to see Phil Stutsinskas and have a nice talk with him, man his sub dio's are awesome. He is a really nice guy who just likes to talk about our hobby, whenever you have the chance, talk to him, you won't regret it.

One of the merchants was our very own Captain jack (James) and his wife (Corinne). he presented his figures there and also had some very good all-round modeling stuff for sale. DreamCather. James was so kind to supply me with a little photo etch kit of personnel gear in 1/35 for my next project and I thank him for that.

Oh not to forget, James has won several prices in the competition, one for his dio "Salaam" (? forgot to get the complete name, sorry James) and also for his bust of Arafat

I also had the pleasure of meeting another member of this great family and that is Patrick Claasen (aka Patman68) whom, just like me recently joined as members of KMK.

Sorry that Danny (Eagle) had car trouble, but we had fun.

One of the most colorful people there was, without a doubt, Gino Poppe, but also a very nice fellow to chat with, he left wit a stack of prices.

Other known people and prizewinners where Mario Eens and Marijn van Gils. You could say we where in good company

I which I could have take some pictures, but my camera gave up on me, but next time, I will find a way.

Next year, same place, same time and I will be there.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2002 - 09:13 PM UTC
Happy to see you made it home safe and sound Ronny, it was great meeting you! My regards to you and your family.

CJ
 _GOTOTOP