Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Well, I'm back to work
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 09:38 AM UTC
The doctor has cleared me, the PT has discarded me....(I'm use to being discarded by women) so their is nothing let to do but to return to work at the State Insane Asylum.
Hopefully I remember to bring along the stuff I need to be reunited with my "Heavy Haulers" campaign entry, since I'll be doing a double shift when I return.
The other guys averaged 30 to 40 hours OT each over the time of my absence.... so now I'll make it up, over the next month doing doubles over Friday/Saturday shifts.
Just can't beat working there, and the team work....... LOL.....
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 09:40 AM UTC
Well, great Dave! And remember, see if they have room for our lunar pal!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 09:53 AM UTC
:-) :-) :-) Oh God that's funny......
I just wish I had my desktop to keep me comfy on the midnight shift........ as I'm rolling on floor...... :-) :-) :-) :-)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:03 AM UTC
MMMMMM...Rolling on the floor with your desktop...Must go now...
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:42 AM UTC
Wow Dave thats great to hear that your back on your feet. Now that your healed, you can jazz band dance at the Aaylum's annual winter dance :-) :-) :-)
BulletTooth
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 05:42 PM UTC
Does Dave really work at an asylum?

When I was at the asylum last, they referred to it as "a place for me to get some help"

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 06:50 PM UTC
Napole.. I mean Dave really works at an asylum.

Good to hear your in the clear Dave.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 07:00 PM UTC
My supervisor is very happy I'm returning.....
he ended up having to cover the majority of my midnight shifts........ and he has always hated working midnights..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 12:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Napole.. I mean Dave really works at an asylum.

Good to hear your in the clear Dave.

Yes I here getting the imates to do some work is supposed to be quite good therapy! have you ever wondered were they got the idea for Brad Pitt's
character in 13 monkey's from
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 06:02 AM UTC
There are several areas, I'm really not at liberty to discuss about my job.... one is any patient treatments.
Rest assured that the hospital I work at has the entire spectrum of mental illness. From the mildly depressed to the criminality insane. I can also assure everyone that we do not mix the populations, and have just as many levels of security as most military bases, for not only the health and welfare of the patients, which always comes first, but also for the employees.
I can also assure everyone that all patients are treated with respect and dignity, reguardless of their particular mental illness, and that the employees work under very stringent rules of behaviour, dress, and conduct, set by the State and Federal Goverment.
Over the years of working there, I've learned many things about mental illness, that I never knew or understood before being hired, ( we do have an excellent employee library ). It is suggested that all employees read a few of the easier written books, pamphlets, and attend lectures, on many different topics to gain in that understanding, I do not work in the area or any of the departments of "psychiatric care providers".
There were two suggested requiremnts that was given to me when hired.... develop a good sense of humor.... (Laugher always works calming people down, yelling, screaming and arguing, and getting upset does nothing but insite the situation) and two.... caring about your fellow man requardless of their mental illness, (but that caring can never become carelessness, for you own health and safety)
So tonight I'll off to the Asylum to work, and thank God I'm not coming home to it.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 07:35 AM UTC
Good points, Dave. I used to work in a prison in a unit where about half our inmates were EDPs -- emotionally disturbed persons. What used to be called the "criminally insane." Always interesting, never dull and sometimes very funny. If you don't have a sense of humor about it, you aren't going to last long. And you have to learn not to take things personal.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
I got a lot of time for those people who work in mental health.I had a nervous break down many years ago when some one put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger(it jammed .32 Beretta auto) those people pulled me through. any how glad your back on deck Dave dont work to hard.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 01:31 PM UTC
Hope I never upset anyone with my reply . My wife is a comunity based mental heath nurse she has to deal with those who are genuinely ill to those who are trying to escape or get a lighter prison sentance
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC
LOL... no problem Davy.... and your wife is correct.... we go through that also. No only do the patients go through a long evolution process, so do all new employees.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@davy

. Oh and davy, does your whife find that EVERY full moon that the patients go NUTS (no pun intended), even if they are along in a cell, they still go nuts? My mother has always talked about this, she can't figure it out.

Yes my wife also notices this strange isn't it ?
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 06:28 AM UTC
Thats where the expression LUNAtic comes from, when I was a cop we noticed the crime rate rose on a full moon.I read once that they think its a change in the magnetic waves or something, they get disturbed by the moon
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 06:50 AM UTC
I've always heard the comment abouta full moon, but just wrote it up as an old wives tale. Seems to be a lot of evidence that it does happen. While in college, at VMI, the Abnormal Psych class took a tour of a major mental institution. It was very enlightening. I admire you for what you do Dave. It takes special people who can do that job without getting caught up in it and acting improperly after being there a while
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 07:13 AM UTC
Glad to hear that your able to go back to work now. I bet all in all ..you really are glad to be back.

Me being a nurse, i have had my share of psychiatric patients. I have also been the psychiatric patient a while back caused by a lot of abuse in a bad marriage. It takes special people to deal with this kind of stress day in and day out. I applaud you for doing what you do.

Mary (++)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 05:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've always heard the comment abouta full moon, but just wrote it up as an old wives tale.

Whenever we work on a full moon, we always run more calls. I don't know why, but it never fails. BTW, I too admire those who work with psychiatric patients. It always makes me cringe when I deliver a patient to a locked ward and the door closes behind me and I hear that electic lock. BZZZZZZZZZZZ. Don't like it.

Patrick
TheMadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 206 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 07:15 AM UTC
my cousin is in an asylum, cause after his father killed himself he set a lot of fires around like the living room in his house and so on