Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
boooooring
TheMadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 206 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
what a boring day -.- . Did anything interesting happened?
janwillem
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
entire network: 1,236 Posts
KitMaker Network: 153 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:08 AM UTC
not over here,
Same sh*t different day
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:10 AM UTC
king Dubbya got inaugurated.
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

king Dubbya got inaugurated.

Amen to that!!

HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:13 AM UTC
I had a super-effective day today. I've had a slew of small odds and ends all hanging loosely the last 3 months, but today they were all taken care of, every single one of them!!!

They weren't all the glamorous types of things, but it feels super to have gotten them out of my hair!!!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:15 AM UTC
I went to doctors, and was told I'd be out of work another week...
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I went to doctors, and was told I'd be out of work another week...

That's interesting Dave! :-) :-) Question is, is it a good thing or bad?

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:23 AM UTC
Well. since I usually carry over most of my vacations days, and have several months of sick time on the books, I'm really not use to this extended time off. The truth is ---- it really is starting to get a little boring ------ :-) :-) :-)
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:50 AM UTC
We inaugerated our President.

Jeff
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
We were pounded with snow and 4 cars got stuck in my subdivision entrance so I blew off work. Slept in and watched trashy morning tv. By noon the plows cleared the roads so I went to get an oil change, bought some postage stamps, shipped a package and made some copies for a meeting later in the evening. I got to work a little on a Sherman that is not part of any campaign.

Overall a pretty boring day

chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:56 AM UTC
I took to finals, my T.V. Productions one, and my Political Science (of which I only got one wrong).

Other than that it is snowing here, so I am thinking about clearing my work table off, and starting the Sturmtiger!
~Chip
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:16 AM UTC
HI, Baby-sitting the 2 grand kids does keep the day from getting really boring.

Been snowing on and off and that proverbial inch the weatherman has been talking about has turned into 3 or 4 inches.

Been keeping track of a blood pressure as per doctor's instructions. Checks out good at home but high in the office, "White coat syndrom" no doubt. Ha, ha! When you reach your mid-50s everytime you go to the doctor their eyes start rolling with dollar signs and the first thing they say is "Well you know that when you start to reach a certain age......"

Hopefully the weather won't be too bad to go up later and pick up some primer and start doing a little painting on some of the AFV Club's Pak 43/41 parts. Or work on Trumpeter's Morser Karl kit, or finish up Trumpeter's T-34/42. Nothing like being somewhat over-extended.

Haven't watched the 'crowning of the king' today. Thankfully my life isn't quite that boring. If I had to sit and watch that all day I would take up drinking again! Ha!

Take care, Sgirty!
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:32 AM UTC
Went to work, yawn.
Tonight i helped my 8 year old daughter (Courtney) build her first model. It is a Airfix 1/72 Churchill tank. I think i have converted her to build models. Will post pics after painting.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We were pounded with snow

Ditto. Only, I walked a cumlative total of an hour and a half in the snow to get to my classes. Fun.

Jeff
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:04 AM UTC
Well i finnaly got a shower today, It's been two weeks. Man i was getting rip . The wife helped wash and dress me, felt a bit funny about that...you know...drying of some places . Well what can i do..right or say only that she's an Thanks Mar.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:04 AM UTC
I can`t say my day was boring

Finally at school they finished checking out all the stuff I have done the last months and with a 2 month delay they finally decided to give me my Diploma. Finally I got rid of that school.

Second After almost 3 weeks of being workless I managed to set an appointment with a design company that I send my resume to. This is not a guarantee for a job but at least it is a victory for me as I send out a lot of letters last weeks.

I`m reading a great book that I ordered named Ghosts of the ETO and I managed two score two picture books: Schiffer`s Krupp at war and PZ1 from Podzun for a bargain price

And last but not least I did some good weathering on my PZ1 today

I can`t say my day was boring

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:24 AM UTC
Nope typical Thursday here, or as we call it "Friday Eve." Sad isn't it that we have to name each day to help us get through the week?

Monday, well what else can you call it but Monday.
Tuesday, "one day closer."
Wed. "Hump day."
Thursday "Friday Eve"
Friday, TGIF!!!!

Sorry about all the snow guys. It's 67 degrees here, sunny, and beautiful. You'd think it was April 20 not Jan 20.

Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:30 AM UTC
Well Folks
Today is the third Anniversary of my joining the big A and this is my 1,000 th post.
Other than that I've been asleep all day and now I'm at work til around 3am.

Pete
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:36 AM UTC
Boring?Hmmm....I should say not.
1.) Alternator belt slipped off on my drive to work, had to work it back on in 20deg F weather,
2.) Four blocks later the belt SHREDS and I have to go through it all again...(glad I carry spares in the tyrewell)
3.) caught the Bosses attention hobbling in late so got some additional responsibilities added to my workscope( the kind that never show up on a performance review... )
4.) Got called a communist for wearing all black in silent mourning of the coronation...er...inauguration.
5.)was told by the same O'reillian to remove my flag(flown upside down-International sign of distress) because I was a sick commie who was creating a "hostile work atmosphere"....

So- Free Democratic Societies which allow for right to self expression can't allow for it and accuse those who invoke that right of the affiliation with Communist, Totalitarian regimes which suppress said self-expression...What am I missing here

Boring-No.
Frustrating-Oh HELL yeah.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

4.) Got called a communist for wearing all black in silent mourning of the coronation...er...inauguration.
5.)was told by the same O'reillian to remove my flag(flown upside down-International sign of distress) because I was a sick commie who was creating a "hostile work atmosphere"....

So- Free Democratic Societies which allow for right to self expression can't allow for it and accuse those who invoke that right of the affiliation with Communist, Totalitarian regimes which suppress said self-expression...What am I missing here

Gad L.D. I KNEW there was something I liked about you. That really made my day. Thanks.

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
schools and late projects are always interesting and fun

Frank
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Boring?Hmmm....I should say not.

LD - Just be glad you live in a country were your childish behaviors are tolerated.

By the way your boss is right. Your actions could constitute a hostile work environment.

So get off your high-horse and get use to the fact that President George W. Bush will be OUR president for four more years.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:42 AM UTC
typical day at work... spent the better part of the day doing emission tests on a fleet of toyota forklifts that i service.. but tomorrow starts a three day weekend for me... Also found out this morning that i get two extra days paid holidays this year.. gotta love the human resources dept...
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So get off your high-horse and get use to the fact that President George W. Bush will be OUR president for four more years

At the risk of getting this post banned, for current events topics I've got to ask, like the NRA bumper sticker that says "Charlton Heston is MY President."?

Gee and I thought freedom of speech, like L.D. displayed, was protected by the constitution. You've heard of it, right?

Sorry Staff Jim, and the forum moderators but I just had to do it.

GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 11:18 AM UTC
Halfyank -

For eight long years William Jefferson Clinton was OUR president. I was not happy about it, but I did not wear black and fly my flag upsidedown.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it has to do with MATURITY. People who are mature, acknowledge that sometimes things don't go their way and although they may not like it - deal with it.

So deal with the fact that President George W Bush is now and will be President of the United States for four more years.