Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Any computer geeks out there?
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 02:44 PM UTC
Hey, ive been having a hard time using internet explorer. when i open it, nothing works: it goes to the page: cannot find server then sends me here
http://www.mytotalsearch.com/jsp/AWmain.jsp?PG=SEASUSH&SEC=DNS&psa=384793D3-8F91-42D6-A50C035D04E162A7&ptnrS=VVzeb02986US_ZNxdm006YYUS&st=dns&searchfor=www.armorama.com

does that with everysite i try to go one been 3 days and i wasnt able to do some school work, and understand why to take advance on my owrk now :-)

Thanks, i somehow manage to get on once in a while after trying a million times, so if you have a solution could you email me?

[email protected]
Thanks
Frank
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 03:18 PM UTC
sounds like you have Spyware buried in your machine. You should get yourself at least one spyware killer like, adaware, spybot, or Webroot. I suggest you get webroot and spybot search and destroy. Used together this is the best combination I have found to combat the worst of the spyware. You can get them from www.download.com
HTH
Bryan
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 03:49 PM UTC
Put down the mouse and slowly back away from the computer sir, and no one gets hurt!

Seriously, dump IE is was sent here by Satan! It has to many toys and eats up memory and slows down your system. Not to mention pop ups, spy ware, back doors, etc.

Try Mozille Firefox and you'll become born-again! It's same about 4.7megs, it blocks pop-ups, it's anti-spy ware, it not own by Microsoft, and it's FREE and we all like FREE!

Check this link
Go go mozilla

But to answer you original question sound like spyware or a virus ... get Adaware for Spyware or AVG for anti virus both are FREE! and work great.

Later
Dave
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 04:03 PM UTC
Francois,

I'll have to agree with what's been posted, get Spybot or Adaware (I actually use both) and that will help, but...

It sounds like you have a hijack. You may also want to run CWShredder, which will get rid of browser hijacks to search engines, which sounds like what you have.

You can get it here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html

I'll also endorse what Dave said about Firefox. Great piece of software, and with all the plugins you can customize it. Try the AdBlock plugin. You can tell it to block annoying ads (not just pop ups, but any ads) and never have to see them again. There's also the BugMeNot plugin which is another work of art.
That-Guy
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 08:31 PM UTC
SpyBot and Adware SE are the best free programs out there. There are many free on-line webscanners(scan computer from internet).
It does sound like there may be some trojans on your system., Try this site out, https://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/index.php?act=idx They helped me a lot and it has every topic , just either put a search in or look under Internet Explorer.
IE is plaqued with security issues and I too recomend Firefox. I've switcehd to it and have had no more problems.

TGY
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 09:55 AM UTC
Thanks guys, il ry the spyware, hopefully will work

Frank
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 11:19 AM UTC
okay, adaware works, but the firefox doesnt, once downtloaded all it does is open up soem new internet explorer? and eve nthat one has the same problem and wont go to the site i want

Frank
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 03:36 PM UTC
If you are running Windows XP you can download Microsoft AntiSpyware for free. It's here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

The program is in Beta, but I have used it for 3 days now. I had a hijacked opening page (among other problems) and this fixed it. Also, I haven't had a popup since.

Chuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 09:52 AM UTC
chuck, nothigns workign so il give it a try and cross my fingers...
Frank