_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good Guy Alert: Blade48mrd and Major_Goose
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 12:37 AM UTC
Hi,

I'd like to publicly thank Blade48mrd for sending me some wondeful kits and for reference books for certan armored vehicles. From him, I had my first Verlinden resin figures, an M4A3, a Puma and coming soon...a Marder.

(Uhmmm...by the way, how do you glue a resin figure together)

I'd also like to thank Major_Goose. He informed me that he's sending me some foliage, CDs about modeling and some knickknacks. I can hardly wait.

I'd also like to thank Graywolf for the fine 1/35th scale ration boxes, signs, propaganda posters and CD. Those are really a great help.

I'd like to thank Slodder for helping me out on my galleries, resizing my pics so that it would have lesser bytes. He knows I'm not that goo din computers.

I could never thank you enough. I promise I will make it up to you someday very soon.

I'd also like to give a big thank you to all those who answered my inquiries about modeling...be it in public forums or PM. You people are the greatest and I wish I was there with you so I could personally shake your hands and give you all a big hug. This just shows that Armorama is the best site in the world.

Ye know who you are!

Salamat po. Salamat po. Thank you. Thank you.

Angela
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 5,182 Posts
KitMaker Network: 242 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 12:50 AM UTC
Hi Angela!!

Good to see that you have good modeling pals here!
Just a quick tip regarding resin figures (or all resin parts, also with metal):

Atention: resin dust maybe harmfull to your lungs, also use a mask! You can use sandpaper (coarse to finner grits) or a saw for the blocks, or a dremmel tool.

- Remove the pouring blocks;
- Sand (wet) and dry fit parts to see if they fit;
- if you're pleased with the fitting, use a very small dot of super-glue in the middle of the part - you may use a toothpick;
- Hold it in place for a few seconds;
- Use a x-acto blade, with a little super-glue on the tip and let the capilary action of putting the tip of the x-acto on the junction of the parts to flow and fill the gap on the parts.
- Let it rest for a few minutes "et Voilá"

The fumes of super-glue (cianoacrilate glue) are also dangerous to you, so don't breath them.

Hope this helps,

Skipper
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:48 AM UTC
Angela, no thanks needed. We are all equal here. I'm sure the members of this site help out each other all the time without expecting a thankyou. It's the way a community works.
Great tips from Rui, remember not to "snip" the parts from the blocks, saw them off. As for the super-glue tip...he dead on target.

Can't wait to see the Marder. Will it be in winter white? ...OK, OK... i'll wait and see like everyone else...

Happy Holidays (:-)
( And i'm real sure your lovely photo has nothing what so ever to do with the help from the guys...hehehe)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 02:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I could never thank you enough. I promise I will make it up to you someday very soon.

This just shows that Armorama is the best site in the world.

hi Angela,
thanks for honoring us but payback never needed between family members.
I agree on the second statement and there are so many other things showing Armorama is the best.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
Wow Angela! You're the luckiest female modeler in this forum. How about some pics?
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 04:08 AM UTC
Angela:

About the resin parts i forgot to tell you to always wash all the parts with water (cold) with some drops of dish washer detergent.
The warm water with resin could be used to repose the part in its proper shape (if warped).

Sorry for this slip!

Skipper
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 06:23 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words, Angela. And my thanks to you for all the great advice, support, and help in getting me back into serious modeling.

That's what this fantastic site and modeling "family" is all about. From the Armorama "staff" like Jimbrae, Slodder, Graywolf, Sabot and Major_goose, Henk, Gunny, Grumpyoldman, Steeldog51, Shonen-red, Shermiesrule, mother, Kelley ....I could fill several threads with just the names of those that have been so helpful and provided so much valuable inputs and support. My heartfelt thanks to all. And to everyone, the wish for a joyous, safe, and caring Holiday season. Ho, Ho and Fla, La, La,

Blade48mrd (:-)
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 06:35 AM UTC
Thank you so much, Skipper, for the advice on resin figs.

And thank you so much everyone. I'm here literally crying my heart out. WAAAAAHHH!!

There are two people here who asked for my picture. Well, I posted my pic in my gallery and in the junk drawer in a thread called "What Do You Look Like."

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for everything

Angela
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 05:39 PM UTC
Well Angela...ssssshhhhsssss those things are not to be spoken out. Armorama help comes like Santa Claus. U know that will be there, but u dont know the time and the direction. I ll be willing to help every guy on the forum to get improved as a modeller and as a friend. Long Live Armorama once again .

Costas

No need to payback as Engin said
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 11:50 PM UTC
Right on the spot Costas!!

Modelers of the World, Unite!!

Skipper
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 03:55 PM UTC
It is especially heartwarming for Major Goose (my little Greek brother) to have sent things to Angela after so many people responded to Costas' (Major Goose's) fire tragedy.

Way to go Angela!
Way to go Goose!
Way to go Armorama!

Happy birthday Armorama.

Sealhead

'Tis the season to buy ourselves hobby goods. Fa la la la la la la la la...
 _GOTOTOP