Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Made a killing today
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 02:36 PM UTC
No.... not that type........ :-) :-) :-) :-)
Heck, I rarely even get angry.....
but stopped at the art store today(the Comic School) on the way home.
I fought off the urge to buy another airbrush..... had an Iwata HP-B at a good price...... was told it's 50% off marked price (already got one.... don't need two....
:-) :-) :-) but he had a box of airbrush parts on sale.... average price----- .25 cents each.......
so naturally I picked up a few items....
Badger tips..... .50 each
Badger head gaskets....... .10 cents each
Badger needles.................... .25 cents each.......
Paache VM-1 heads and tip complete.......... .50 cents, unfortunately he only had one of these.
Hell, I even picked up a few air tips and needles for a Badger 350..... and I don't own one...... ....... .25 cents each.........
:-) :-) :-) :-) can't turn down a deal like that, besides may know someone who needs those parts. Bottle gaskets.... .25 cents a package....... unfortunately he only had one package of these.......
and hell..... I just might go back tomorrow and pick up that Iwata....... just maybe.........

bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 02:59 PM UTC
So Dave, How much was the Iwata? Looking to replace my Aztek 4709. So all you other schmoes here, I got dibs if he decides to sell it!!! :-) (depending on price of course )

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 05:31 PM UTC
I'll check again Friday...... and let you know.....
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 05:40 PM UTC
Hey Dave, good find. I plan on getting a Badger...again... soon, single action w/ no needle, just tips and cups. I have the Aztek 155-1. Hate it.. to much time in cleaning up. Had a Badger years ago and miss it today. So good for you on your find and hopefully i get lucky as you did
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 05:45 PM UTC
schmoes? schmoes?

go ahead get the deal of a century....see if i care.
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Dave, good find. I plan on getting a Badger...again... soon, single action w/ no needle, just tips and cups. I have the Aztek 155-1. Hate it.. to much time in cleaning up. Had a Badger years ago and miss it today. So good for you on your find and hopefully i get lucky as you did

Mother,
I'm looking at getting a new airbrush...have a double action Badger ( model 350 I think)....only used it once, 15 years ago....still in it's wooden case....

Anyway...is the Badger you mentioned with just the tips and cups one that will allow you to change spray patterns just by changing the tips? Do you know the model #?...approximate cost? Thanks.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 05:40 AM UTC
I didn't do too bad the other day on eBay. Got the Hunnicutt Sherman book less dust jacket for $102 including s&h. I am really debating whether to turn it around for the $300 it normally sells for or keep it for myself. A $200 profit is nothing to laugh at and will keep my paypal flush for more kits!!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 05:59 AM UTC
swung by the place today..... checked the case the Iwata was in, and didn't see it....... guess someone else snapped it up....... Knew I should have jumped on it yesterday........
Oh well, I drowned my sorrow by buying a kit for myself.... on the way home..... (like I need another kit........ :-) :-) :-) )
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hey Darryl, yes you can change the pattern by changing the tips, also while in the brush you can change the spray pattern. Here's the one i'm after, look at model no# 175
http://www.badger-airbrush.com/airbrush.htm
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 08:08 AM UTC
Thanks Mother....Have to check out a few others as well...have to make an "informed" decision....