_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Putty for resin and plastic..
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 03:01 AM UTC
I have finished the Pzr IV build, but there are a few spots that need to be filled. What's the best filler for resin, or will normal putty do the trick?

Cheers
Henk
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 03:26 AM UTC
Henk use your normal filler putty for resin as well as plastics. My personal favourite is Tamiya Grey putty. HTH
cheers,
Bryan
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 03:40 AM UTC
Thanks Bryan
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 04:12 AM UTC
I use Squadron green extensively for pin holes, seams and small areas. For larger fills, I use a 2 part Epoxy putty. It is in a blue tube at Wal-Mart (in the states) or I am sure you can find it at your local hardware store. Basically, cut off a chunk (a little goes a long way) knead the piece together until it is a uniform light blue and fill. I always use plenty of water with this stuff while keneading as it is too stiff straight out of the tube. Works like bondo without the mess.

Warning: Anytime you are working with epoxy and your bare hands, always wash them with soap and water directly after work is completed. This stuff causes burns and you won't even know it is happening until you get little itchy water blisters a day later. These become sore and raw. Very painful!

Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 833 Posts
KitMaker Network: 216 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 07:46 AM UTC
What I find that works better than the grey, green, white ect. putty is body filler used for automotive work. Here in the States it's called "glazing and spot putty" made by Bondo.

I'm sure you can find it's equivilant in the UK. I like it because it dries quick, spreads smooth, sands easier and dosen't attack the plastic.
 _GOTOTOP