_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
advice on a nice kit...
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 01:19 PM UTC
hey guys, my cousin's comming to visit us for christmas. his girlfriend and him asked me what i wanted for christmas as well as what the rest of my family want. so id like you guys to give me some kit ideas, preferably not to expensive for them

Thanks
Frank
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 01:29 PM UTC
Tamiya T55, was susposed to be the best engineered kit ever!
Some of the new DML 3´n1 251s or tiger. The great thing about these kits, is that all you need is in the box. PE, indy tracks, metal barrels etc. Check out the reviews to see whats included.
Or how about some dragon or tamiya 1/16 figures if the previous are too expensive. These are great quick projects where you need to learn how to paint a figure properly. This skills will improve you 1/35 figures 100% afterwards.
Just my 2 euro cents!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 01:31 PM UTC
How about the M3 or M5 by tamiya -nice little build not to expensive. Or the FORD amphibious jeep is a nice fun build. Maybe the Panzer II, AFV and figures....

These are nice kits and pretty inexpensive. Lots of potential for super detailing if you're into that, or PE parts or a diorama if you want. Can't go wrong in my opinion.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 01:31 PM UTC
A gift certificate to your LHS of course,they can spend what they can feel comfortable with. (:-) (:-)
spectre
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 01:59 PM UTC
Most modellers have a stock of kits anyway, so i suggest something that modellers are usually hesitant to get by themselves, like books or hard-to-find materials. You've got the kit, but ask them for a book to get you inspired or something along the line. Or money always works
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 02:42 PM UTC
Thanks guys il look for the thigns you mentioned. iam jsut wondering were he coudl get it... anyone know a canadian store that uses paypal? or one in the states that dont cost an arm when you import it? it would make it easier for him.

Frank
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 03:16 PM UTC
Try hometown hobbies. Its in the States but I have never had a problem with shipping and its pretty reasonable. He takes Paypal as well. He also gives gift certificates so you cousin could just buy you a store credit. HTH
cheers,
Bryan
 _GOTOTOP