Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Grumps on the loose
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 07:09 PM UTC
I could tell you why we have such high taxes here on cigs.... but it would become a polictical rant...... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 12:37 AM UTC
Big test coming up,you all know what day it is,apart from Sunday,it's that great and hallowed British tradition,when we all go down the pub,and discuss the finer things in life,like which of the girls in the corner table has the bigger boobs,when that lot of barbarians i have the misfortune to call pals find out i am not eating nicotine with my pint of ale,they will take the wee wee something rotten,will i act the complete Gentleman and rise above their jibes?not bloody likely,it will be full Grunps ahead and damm the torpedos :-)
Arthur
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 01:05 AM UTC
Ive been off the ciggys now for 5.5 years and Im still getting cravings for them. I never stopped the nicotine though.In sweden they have little tea-bag type things of nicotine called snus. You place them between your upper-lip and gum. the nicotine goes straight to your blood stream and doesnt affect yours or anybody elseŽs lungs. they do the trick most of the time, but the action of smoking.. having something between your fingers and that first drag is hard to beat. Only a smoker would understand.
I kow this doesnt help much Arthur, but just want to share youŽre not the only one afflicted. It does get easier with time but the craving will come and go. the chewing gum is a great help as is something to do with your hands .. especially when drinking. I can see a massive hangover coming tomorrow as youŽll probably drink twice as fast as before.
Stick in there ... the first 2 weeks are the worst. After that ... its only hell.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 03:39 AM UTC
awww! bad memories! god were my parents ever grumpy when they quite smoking! but to calm this anger, they'd go out and play badminton on the street lol.... GOOD LUCK! my mom is real happy she quite, says nothing feels anybetter and its worth the hard time.

Frank
Arthur
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 05:22 AM UTC
Back from the pub,boy do i feel good ( and a wee bit pissed) i engineered a discussion about giving up smoking,and guessing they know how much i smoke when having a drink,i bet them i could go the afternoon without a ciggy,no money,i said, just buy the beer,six pints later they knew they had been suckered,great day,they are suckered,and i get bladdered,only trouble is,it only works once,oh well,look on the bright side,i'm still ciggy free.
Arthur :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 06:56 AM UTC
Day two...... so far I haven't smoked..... and haven't killed......
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) I return to work tonight after vacation..... that will be the major test....... :-) :-) :-)
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 07:07 AM UTC
Greatest feeling I had was when I went down the boozer someone offered me a fag and I said "no thank you I dont smoke" been a while now and i cannot stand the smell of them If I want a buzz now i go down and buy some plastic with the 200.00 quid im saving every month. hang in there grumpys
Arthur
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 08:36 AM UTC
Day two,my grrumpy pal,a milestone in our epic journey( come on you lot back me up on the rhetoric),its coming up to bedtime,its early,i'm bladderd,BUT! i am still not smoking :-) goodnight
Arthur
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2004 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

At almost 7 bucks a pack, if I don't smoke, I could buy a new resin figure everyday..... maybe even two.......

Good thing I quit before I got here. I know how difficult it is to quit but it is for your own good. Good luck guys, remember it's "mind over matter".