_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Firefox
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 01:43 AM UTC
I installed firefox today and have noticed that certain things,like the tool tips (eg the campaign name when you hover the cursor over the campaign awards) don't work.

Is this the way the browser has installed or configured, the way the site is designed, etc,etc??

Just for the record, I haven't decided whether I prefer firefox over IE yet - although I do like the tabs!!!

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 03:01 AM UTC
Rudi, I have also installed Firefox on my PC and noticed that a lot of things don't work the way I would expect them to. I like Firefox for its tabs but since it seems to have some compatibility issues I will have to stick with Maxthon. FYI, Maxthon is an IE based browser that also offers tabs for browsing several sites at ones. It has many good features built-in. Since it is IE based it may not be a first choice for many but I do like it.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 08:55 AM UTC
Roll over functionality is generally a java-script or scripting element of browser compatibility. Since FireFox is using strick functionality guidelines setup by a bunch of techno-geeks, they have basically stripped out a lot of functionality that IE and Netscape currently support (Netscape use to be this way prior to version 7)

I have used FireFox from early on in it's beta program. It's okay if you are looking for speedy browser but you should also expect a few "issues" on larger more complex sites. The webmaster boards are actually buzzing about how buggy the 1.0 release of FireFox turned out to be and how much slower it got too.

Cheers,
Jim
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 11:43 AM UTC
I had firefox..... also had a lot of problems at a few sites I went to, that Netscape and IE worked fine at. For me it wasn't worth it, so I simply uninstalled it. I use mostly Netscape 7.01, why, I don't know, and haven't had many issues with it.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 11:42 PM UTC
Thanks guys,

After reading your comments and sites not loading properly this morning I have decided to stick with the browser I know best... IE. Unfortunately the tabs just weren't enough to keep me calm while I waited to get my Armorama fix after a weekend of abstinance :-)
Besides, I see tabs are an add-in available from the MS website...

SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 02:08 PM UTC
I have no problems with Firefox, it has built in pop-up blockers which might be the cause of your problems. You can install exstensions from Mozilla's site that will allow things like ALT text on images and pop ups on selected sites.

Think of it as scrach building a browser :-)

IE comes loaded with all the toys and pull you speed down whereas Firefox is stripped down to run faster, it that;s a little tweaking and loading of extensions but you can get it to do what you want. IE on the other hand makes you do what it's wants.

Hopes this info helps,
Later
Dave

_GOTOTOP