_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
problems with Squadron.com
Iron-Fist
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 101 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 09:37 AM UTC
Yesterday I ordered two kits from squadron.com, as you know on their website they say"Orders usually shipped within 24 hours" well 27 hours later I have not received any shipping cofirmation, the kits were instock, maybe im,wait I am impatient, but have any of you had tihis kind of thing happen? Do they even send shipping confirmation? They seem very slow on the ball.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 09:42 AM UTC
Before you pull your hair out of your head simply call or email them for order confirmation.
E-MAIL ORDERS:
[email protected]

PHONE ORDERS:
(972) 242- 8663
Monday thru Saturday 8:30 to 5:30 Central time

Iron-Fist
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 10:25 AM UTC
OK, perhaps I am over-reacting a bit, I tell ya, you get very used to going to the local hobby shop picking up the kit you want, buying it and getting it home all in a few hours. But im relaxed about it now. Besided even if they don't ship until tomorrow I will still get my beloved Delta Dart by Saturday!
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:13 AM UTC
Squadron doesn't e-mail out a shipping confirmation. You do get an order received e-mail automated message after placing the order. Their inventory is very good, if it is not on hand, then the system will not allow you to order it. Of course, sometimes out of stock items do happen.
Iron-Fist
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:07 PM UTC
exactly Sabot! I placed an order on Sunday first, for a Hasegawa EE Lightning, it was "in stock" but then the next day they e-mailed me and said that it was out of stock and my whole order was cancelled.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 08:02 PM UTC
I wouldn't worry about it Iron-Fist. They sometimes have items go out of stock, but I've never had an order take more than 10 days to get to me. They are competent and fast.
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 11:35 AM UTC
Remember 6 letters---USMAIL #:-)
lambertjr
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 131 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Remember 6 letters---USMAIL #:-)

Thats a 10 ring bullseye!!!
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 10:28 AM UTC
Give them a call to check. They're a class act and will deal straight up with you.

I had a multiple-order problem with them that I mistakenly took semi-public onto RMS ( my bad, I know) and got a very polite "we messed up, what can we do to make it right?" call at home the next night. They were very professional and polite and the situation was resolved to everyones satisfaction. I was totally outta line slamming them on RMS, and apologized there for it.
I've got nothing but good things to say about them.

If only they did a discount/membership thing like VLS, they'd get more of my money.

Mike
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 11:10 AM UTC
No, they ship via USPS to PO Boxes. I used to have kits sent to a PO Box near my work before I moved into quarters in October.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 07:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, everyone here thast has a PO Box raise your hand. Most people here probably don't. I get tired of hearing people blame the PO. How many times have your heard the checks in the mail? If you get a package shipped from squadron to your home address it will be by UPS.

Not necessarily. You can choose your method of shipping with Squadron. They default to UPS, but you can change it to USPS. I usually have my orders shipped via USPS Priority Mail because that tends to get to me faster than UPS.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 11:19 PM UTC

I've been happy with Squadron's speed. Also, I placed an order and they left something out. Gave them a call and I had the missing item two days later, no questions asked.

The think that does bug me though is the back order policy. First, when you get those monthly sales flyers, that stuff should be in-stock but, when i call tehy say they don't have it and it's featured in the newest flyer!

Second, they just refund your money without even asking if you want to back order or wait for the item.

Other than that, I like them and their prices aren't bad.

Steve
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 08:36 AM UTC
I ordered from them last week Friday, and got my items this Thursday. Not counting the weekend, that was 5 days. That's good enough for me. All items were shipped, nothing was wrong... They've got good service, I'll be ordering more from there.

BTW, I ordered two sets of resin wheels, a book, a PE set and a model of a B2 bomber.

YodaMan
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 10:48 AM UTC
My luck with them has been great. And they always seam to get me to order more with their policy of $100 orders or more shipped free. I will use them for that reason alone if I have a large order. A couple of times I compared what the total would be on sites that are a little cheaper price wise and it was cheaper to go with squadron because of the free shipping.

They are also faster than anyone else I have tried. One night I orderedsome stuff a little after midnight pacific time over the internet. I forgot something and called about 10 in the morning and they had already packed up the parts and it was going to be shipped that day. If you are in a hurry and can't get something localy they are the way to go in my limited experiences.
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 1,109 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2002 - 11:16 AM UTC
Andrew--I agree about the free shipping part. That's a big seller for me. At Military Hobbies, they give free shipping for orders over $50. I just hate paying extra for shipping, I don't know why.........

Nic
otto
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
entire network: 72 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 09:25 AM UTC
I like Squadron, I have never had any problems with them at all. I try to shop locally, but when I need that one hard to find item, I start and normally finish my search at Squadron. Everyone makes mistakes........How they are corrected is what matters most in the end......Just my thoughts.....Otto
Weezul
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 151 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 09:27 AM UTC
Yea, they do have a few issues with the availibility of items; When I ordered my Tiger I Initial Production, they say it is in stock. A week later, I get the aluminum gun barrell and the photo-etch parts, but no Tiger. 'Sorry, out of stock, won't be getting it'.
Dubanka
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:14 PM UTC
I have only used squadron once, but their promptness and service have won me over.
I ordered several kits, acessory kits, and PE parts on a Tuesday, and had them on Friday.

I went through every kit carefully, and noticed that some small parts had been broken in transit.
(verlinden stuff, and a few on the firefly) I called them and they offered to send me either replacement parts, or new kits. I opted for parts, and had them 3 days later. They even sent me a complete replacement verlinden acessory kit free.

I would'nt worry about 3 hours. If you really want to push it, give them a call and ask for a discount or something .

As a side note, I think that EVERYONE should take a few minutes and rate the sites that you have used. Please include what problems if any, and what they did to fix it. If we all do that, many more people can make a better decision on where to buy.

..........stepping off the soapbox.......
John
 _GOTOTOP