Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Let it snow
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Woke up this morning to the first snow fall of the season. This one brought a couple new little wrinkles. A dead aspen tree we had in front of the house got knocked over. Came really close to hitting a neighbors card he has parked on his lawn. Plus our flag pole got snapped off at the base, I guess a combination of the cold and wind. Time to get a new one.

The kids went through their usual routine, gathered around the radio praying there school district would declare a snow day. No such luck. Only the rich schools in town get those.

Driving to work in my front wheel drive Honda to work, and even going very slowly with it in low gear, I managed to do a complete 360 degree spin on the freeway offramp. I guess it never occurred to anybody to put ice melt down there. Climbing the hill to work was like playing ice hockey. Cars were sliding all over the place.

With all that I still love it. Give me four seasons anytime. Just breaks up the monotony of the year. Plus the town looks so pretty under a fresh blanket of white.

I just wish I could play hookey from work and stay home modeling.

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 04:37 AM UTC
keep it you're way...... I don't want it (yet)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 04:44 AM UTC
Snow? It is going to be 84 here today. Come on Winter!

Patrick
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 05:04 AM UTC
Gotta agree with Matt on this one...No offense, Rodger, but you can have all of Pennsylvania's share of the white stuff, won't break my heart at all...As you can probably guess, I'm no fan of winter, gimmee Alabama's 84 degrees anytime!!!

Gunny
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 05:05 AM UTC
Howdy fellas,

Since I live just up the highway a piece from HalfYank I too received a blanketing of the 'white' stuff. I didn't have any of the damage that my compadre seemed to get down there in the 'Springs, but I did wake up to some rather funny looking adornments to my house.
Ya see, my family has always really participated in decorating for the various holidays, and All Hallow's Eve is no exception. The house should almost be in the newspaper. Anyway, long story short. We really went to town with the application of that white stringy stuff that's supposed to simulate cobwebs and such. Well, as you might imagine, after a nice long coating of freezing rain last night, followed by a nice continous blanket of snow. The front of my house looked just like something out of an Aliens movie! The criss-cross, and here and there matrix of cobwebbing material got coated with all of this frozen stuff and looks absolutely incredible. I had to take garden shears just to cut my way to the cars.
But, there is one adavantage to the whole thing.......I decided to play hooky. ....unlike my devoted cohort HalfYank.....

Tread.

Oh, and as to "four seasons".....my middle daughter's in Hawaii right now.......give me that one season anytime!!
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 05:18 AM UTC
WOW..SNOW...i wanna see it..I just recently moved to Nebraska from South Carolina. And well..although it does snow there..on occasion..it is nothing like i hear i will see here. I cant wait..BTW...where at in Colorado are you guys at..Kevin and i are planning a vacation there..We are leaving for Estes Park on Thursday. PM me with a weather report would ya??..PLEASE...
(++)
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 06:38 AM UTC
Snow! SNOW!!! Man that is a dirty word... We will be getting our share soon I'm sure. Then it is only to wait untill March or April for it to melt away...

But I will say this I would rather have snow and keep the snow untill it melts away, that is much better than it has been the last five years. Snow, melt, snow, melt, snow, melt, bunches of snow, massive water, snow, melt (do get the picture...)

Glad that you didn't get hurt, nor anything major has to be replaced!! We had icy roads today...lots of fun that too...
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:05 AM UTC
Mary (a grand old name you've got there, my mums name) Tread is up in Denver, I'm down in Colorado Springs. Any weather report either of us can give would be out of date, or inacurrate for Estes Park. Treads closer to there than I am though. He might know a good page to check things out on.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:35 AM UTC
Snow, I want some to, why can't I have snow now
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 09:02 AM UTC
Snow.....one of the reasons I left the great white north and came south. As Trackjam and ex-royal can probably attest.....2 times through Exercise New Viking and ANYONE will have had enough snow
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 09:33 AM UTC
funny, i was talking to my girlfriends mom about how much i missed the snow on sunday.

i miss the white blanket of fresh snow... but then the snow turns black from all that crap they put on the roads... and all that snowboarding my friend and i do at the hill near my place.

Frank

LET IT SNOW!
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 10:00 AM UTC
LET IT SNOW.....I got a new 4x4 this year and can't wait to try it out on the trails and fire roads after a lot of inches of that white stuff.....you can never have enough!

Dave S.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
got a pic? :-) this I have to see
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:07 AM UTC
I'm still shovelling from last year........ :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Actually, I am not looking forward to winter. Seems the older I get, the colder it gets. We had a lot of snow the last few years, hoping for a little less this year.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:37 AM UTC
Been there, done that. It got "cold" the first time here in Texas. Rain hit last night and it's heavily cloudy so we're down to a high of 66. Supposed to drop to mid 40's during the night.. At least in Colorodo most folks have a pretty good inkling on how to drive on the stuff and there is usually a pretty effective snow / ice removal system in place. Down here they just go crazy. They throw sand about and folks either drive while riding their brakes or think they are invincible in their SUV / pickups and drive 70 mph
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

At least in Colorado most folks have a pretty good inkling on how to drive on the stuff and there is usually a pretty effective snow / ice removal system in place

You must have driven in a different part of Colorado than the Springs. Here they drive pretty much exactly like the way you describe.
Quoted Text

They throw sand about and folks either drive while riding their brakes or think they are invincible in their SUV / pickups and drive 70 mph

The main topic of conversation around the coffee pot this morning was "where the heck were the snow plows."

mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
we only get rain here in winter I'd rather have snow an yday.....and so would my dogs great for sniffing in
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 12:15 PM UTC
Snow Plows....... dis is Joisey.... we don't need or uous(Joisey for USE) no stinkin snow plows........ :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
My apartment complex is plowed, sanded, and salted BEFORE the roads are....... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 604 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 12:16 PM UTC
Boy, are you guys lucky. I can't wait for snow. No more bugs, no cutting the lawn every other day, etc. And I get to drive my snowmobile (Silverado pick-up) every day! BTW, why is everyone sliding around? Don't you still have a chain law in CO? Enjoy!

Art