Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Anyone here played Conflict Vietnam?
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:32 AM UTC
I got my hands on this game a couple of night ago and can't stop playing it. I was up until 3 o'clock this morning playing it. I probably wouldn't have stayed up so later had it not been for the Red Sox game last night.

GO SOX!!! Only one more win!

Anyhow, this game is incredible. If you are into the Vietnam war you will most likely love it. As most Vietnam War-based games it is a first person shooter but with a twist. You get to control a four-person squad either as a group or individually. There is a sniper, heavy machine gunner, medic (sort of) and the last guy carries a shotgun. What I think is cool about this game (one of many things) is that you can swap weapons and equipment with the members of your squad. Or you can pick up discarded weapons so if you really wanted to and tried hard you could probably have four guys armed with M60. Yeah baby!!

So far in this game I had to defend a fire base and go on a search-and-destroy and rescue missions.

Graphics are really well done. The jungle is very realistic. IMO it is the best in-game jungle to date. When Charlie is hiding you can't see him until you are practically on top of him. There are booby traps ranging from grenades on a string to punji sticks in the ground to spring loaded impaling boards that will smack you in the chest if you are not careful.

The only thing I do not like about is game is that you can only make a couple of saves in any given mission. so if you save too soon you have to play until the mission is finished or you will lose any progress made should you exit the game.

All-in-all I am hooked on this game and can't wait to get home tonight so I can hunt more VC.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 03:33 AM UTC
All of the Conflict games are very addiciting. I'm working on both "Vietnam" and "Back to Baghdad."
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 08:20 AM UTC
You guys make me want to cry ! I don't have the money to buy these wonderful games let alone the consul to play them on. I keep praying to find gainful employment soon. Scary thing is the spending spree I might go on after 3 years of meager living. Enjoy the game, it sounds absolutely marvelous.
SnakeEye
Visit this Community
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 10:13 AM UTC
I finished all the stages of Conflict Desert Storm II - Back to Baghdad twice. Once as SAS patrol and once as Delta Force team. But I didnt try the Vietnam. I hope its good.