_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Does anyone live close to Peoria, Arizona?
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 08:53 AM UTC
Hey what up guys. I was wondering if there were any modelers that live close to Peoria, AZ or maybe even in Phoenix. Thanks guys

Tsunami BombER
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 261 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 03:20 PM UTC
I'm in school in Ohio, right now, but I in Mesa, and work in Phoenix .
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 05:25 AM UTC
So you drive 4 hours + every morning?? well anyways, if you ever want to get together and do a dio hit me up.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 07:16 AM UTC
Although I've lived in Sweden for the past 18 years, I hail from Tempe. Don't know if I'll ever make it back...
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2004 - 12:33 PM UTC
No Offense, but why in gods name would you move there??? I guess, youll like it when you come back and have your rights? Well what made you move to sweden?
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 261 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
It only takes 15 minutes to drive from Mesa to Phoenix
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 06:36 AM UTC
Have rights?? Don't have rights?? Well I haven't taken offense, but I do consider that a narrow minded response...

There are pros and cons with each country.

Modelbuilding would be a reason to move back though

The reason I moved here has blond hair and blue eyes. We were/are rather rooted when our third child was born, so time will tell. My current field of Radon Mitigation/Analysis might just be something that makes the tables turn though

I hope you don't take offense either, but in the year 2000 I went with my two oldest children and toured several places in the US. We drove from Denver to Phoenix, and on the way we stopped at a little gas station just before the New Mexico/Arizona border to fill up. It was run and owned by an older couple. While making small talk the fellow noticed a different accent in my children's english. "So where are you from?" he asked. "Stockholm" my daughter answered, whereupon she turned to her brother and said something in Swedish, I don't remember what. "Oh what language was that?" the older fellow gasped. "Swedish", I said. "Do they speak Swedish in Stockholm Illinois?????", he replied very seriously.

I'm sorry to say we lost all dignity and bust our guts, right in front of him. He was a bit embarasssed, but I assured him that Swedish is spoken in Sweden, where Stockholm is the capitol city of the country. Then he laughed and called his wife over and they got a good chuckle out of the situation too. Candy and pop were on the house to celebrate making new friends from over the pond. I love America, I do, but the US is not the only place on the earth where one can live and prosper...
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 07:13 AM UTC
Very true Brian, I don't think it matters really where you live or where you where born, it matters what person you are. There are members on this site who live in countries which, to say the least, don't get on very well. That does not effect the people individualy though. We all judge eachother by our models, not our country. If you are happy where you live, that is all that matters.
You could take the same line when it comes to your choice of models, if you build a lot of German Armor does that mean that you sympatise with WW II Germany?? I'm from Holland, and the war is still very much remembered, but that doesn't mean I can't build German Armour.
Judge people on the occasion, and the person, not where they live.

Alright, that's enough of my soapbox, let's get back to what is really important, finish that model on the bench.

Henk
 _GOTOTOP