Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Any motor sport fans
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 02:00 PM UTC
Any racing fans out there. Myself i do enjoy.. ok, i love nascar and dragracing. Jeff Gorden he's the man. And would like for him to be the first Nextel champ. I also like Mark Martin, Tony Stewart, Ryan Nemann and big Jimmy Spencer. You may have noticed that Dale jr. was not listed. Why.....exactly, but lets not go there. I did some dragracing, about 10 years worth. I'ts cheaper and easier to do. You see, we drove straight to the finnish line, while the other guys drove around looking for it. :-)
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hi Joe...
yes I am. I've followed F1 since I was seven....and still do. Not sure I like the current F1 as much as I used to...too many rules and restrictions these days....but I still plonk myself down in front of the box come GP Sunday.

I watch a bit of CART from time to time too.

Cheers
Peter
:-)
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 629 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 09:09 PM UTC
WRC for me. Big supporter of the Ford Rallye Sport Team under Marrko Martin and Francios Duval.
Kyle
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 09:52 PM UTC
Howdy Joseph!
I'm into Dragboat racing big time! I never have missed a local race in 14 years. Hey, just heard that a new speed and time record was set last weekend. A top fuil hydro made a 1/4 mile pass at 254 MPH, and a ET of 4.83 seconds! That my friend is flying on the water!

Cheers,

Garry
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 10:36 PM UTC
For me it's F1, Le Mans and dragracing
bennyjammin
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 11:36 PM UTC
Hi all, I'm new here!!

For me, it is WRC and GT racing, with a bit of NASCAR thrown in.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 11:55 PM UTC
F1 for me, trouble is I can remeber when the drivers had no electronics and had to change gear themselves, and a different person won almost every race. Stuff Schumacher, - Jim Clark, Graham Hill and Fangio are the best drivers ever.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 05:40 AM UTC
I have been a NASCAR fan my whole life, and a member of the safety crew at Talladega Super Speedway since 1987.

Patrick
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 06:10 AM UTC
I like WRC, Paris-Dakar, Off-road racing, F1, Touring, and Mountain Biking, esp. Downhill. I used to follow all of these back in Delaware, but here in NY they don't even have the Speed and Outdoor life channels.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 06:36 AM UTC
I'm a NASCAR fan. Since I'm in the military, I typically root for the US Army team and the National Guard car which is driven by Greg Biffle.
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and a member of the safety crew at Talladega Super Speedway since 1987.

Patrick

Never met as many nice people as I did at Talladega, granted the majority were half lit and the other were completely lit, but they sure were great.
Robert

by the way I am a NASCAR fan
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 08:13 AM UTC
Glad you had a good time here. We like to think that "southern hospitality " isn't just a phrase you hear. I am certain that any NASCAR fans who come to Talladega will enjoy their visit and love the race. No matter who you like, you have to agree; the race here yesterday was awesome.

Patrick
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 08:55 AM UTC
That is the truth, I heard that perhaps jr would be docked some points for his colorful language, crappy way to lose points if it happens.
Robert
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 10:53 AM UTC
Hey Pat, that's just to AWSOME. Talladega, one of the best and fastist tracks on the cicurit. It must have been great to meet so many legends over the years. I bet you have some wonderful stories. Would you mind sharing one with me, pleeeease If so how about a Derrall Waltrip story. I'm sure i'll get a laugh :-) out of it as he was a funny man.
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 01:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Stuff Schumacher, - Jim Clark, Graham Hill and Fangio are the best drivers ever.

Oh yes...I remember those days too.
Alson Ronnie Petersen, Jochen Rindt, Pedro Rodrigeuz, Jacki Ikkx, Villeneuve Senior etc.
That was the golden age for F1.

Cheers
Peter

:-)
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 08:08 PM UTC
Another WRC maniac here!! I absolutely worship Petr Solberg (I now drive a WRX), and I miss Colin McRae (My wife now drives my Focus). I enjoy the SCCA Pro rally here in the states (although there is not enough coverage IMHO) I love F1 (older stuff was better, tho technology is still pretty cool) GT, LeMans, SCCA racing. Dakar Rally, and various other off road racing, to include Motocross. I will say (let me put my flame-retardant suit on first) that I despise the money making machine that is NASCAR (and I can't stand NHRA either) I understand it takes talent and all to go really fast in a straight line, or only make left turns! But for me its not very interesting. NASCAR short track, and the 2 road races I can watch, the rest ...... I was sooooo disappointed when FOX bought out Speedvision (a.k.a. the NASCAR channel) I will admit their F1 coverage is better this year. But how many damn days in the week to we need to see Sundays big race. NASCAR related programming is on every day of the week. F1 is re-aired once (usually the evening after the race, due to the time difference) and WRC events might get re-broadcast sometime on a Wednesday afternoon. anyways just my 2 pennies!! Go Petr!
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 01:09 PM UTC
I don't live and breathe racing, but I do like the #1 and #18 cars...and for the strangest reasons...it's the Army car...and my favorite color is green, respectively...
clausen
Visit this Community
Fyn, Denmark
entire network: 449 Posts
KitMaker Network: 223 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 02:06 PM UTC
Sure I'm a racing fan!!!
I love to watch Le Mans, and have done so the last 15 years! - One day I will be down there on raceday!
I have actually been driving on certain parts of the track at Le Mans... Parts of the track is public road on non race days!

And of course F1!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 12:41 AM UTC
I love Talladega races. I was able to attend one in the early 80's. We were in the infield and I remember driving around and around a road at about 5 miles an hour while guys all along the way were holding up signs that said "Show us your T*TS. Do they still do that? I ended up in the 4th turn up on the fence with some lady and her kid who kept bringing me beer. Man what a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 02:54 AM UTC
NASCAR is now a "family sport". Security is tight and very strict on the public lewdness. It is a much calmer infield. Now the parties in the campgrounds outside are legendary, or so I have heard.

Patrick
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 04:21 AM UTC
I'm a big nascar fan too. I have made every Las Vegas race in march. I also been to every Brickyard 400 and since I live there every Joliet race. I have also made most of the Michigan races in the last ten years. Was born and raised in Indianapolis so I like the IRL guys too!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 08:51 PM UTC
F1 for me... Go Schumi, Schumi, Schumi Go!