Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
"ex-royal, this is 61C, R/C, over"
JP_Morgan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
Bryan,

As I'm also an 'ex-Royal', I'd posted a personal note for you in my thread about the RCR Museum modelling Exposition, but didn't get a reply from you, so figured I'd try here.

I'd asked: "BTW, what Bn(s) were you in, and when? We might have crossed paths at some point."

I'd asked that, as somewhere I'd seen a web banner (with your Firefly build, IIRC) that showed your undress ribbons. We have some of the same ones, apparently.

How many other 'Royals' and 'ex-Royals' are on the board here? Probably not many, oterhwise they's have responded to that RCR Museum posting, eh?

Pro Patria.

Cheers,
JP
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 10:58 PM UTC
61C this is ex-royal I read you 5X5 over...

Sorry I missed the other post mate since I started using Netscape I think it misses some things on here.

I started out in the 1st bn , and was in Charles from '87 to '89. Then Off to the Cdo . I was there til '95. Then into the LIB. Were you in Mortars by any chance in Somalia? I havent kept as close a contact as I probably should have. Gonna have to do something about that. Your the first one i've come across on Armorama so far. THere are a few other Units represented here though.
Pro Patria
Cheers,
Bryan
P.S
I will be making some investments in some of your great kits. That ARVL looks sweet. gonna have to save my pennies. The C2 con is another winner as well.
JP_Morgan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 34 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC
I use Netscape also, and find that I miss things here as well. We must have crossed paths at various times, or at least tasted the same dirt -

>Then Off to the Cdo . I was there til '95.
Which Cdos / Pl's were you with during your time there, and what dates?

>Then into the LIB.
Until when? Which Coy? So you weren't in Germany ? Bosnia tours?

>Were you in Mortars by any chance in Somalia?
Yep, guilty as charged. Mortars, and part of 2 Cdo in Somalia... how about you? Who else do you know that was in Mortars then?

>I havent kept as close a contact as I probably should >have. Gonna have to do something about that.
I'm the same, regrettably. Trying to rectify that through a number of ways.

Thanks for the compliments on the Maple Leaf Models items. I look forward to hearing from you.

Pro Patria

JP