_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Fun with Photoshop
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hey Guys.
I have been playing around with photshop a bit lately. I was wondering if any of you guys out there also use it to make your models look like they are in period pics? I am by no means an expert yet but its fun all the same. Here is one I just recently did.
Original

Altered pic
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 11:15 PM UTC
Ola Bryan

I do that sort of stuff for quite a while now. Being a Multimedia designer I have learned to use Photoshop proffesionally.
A couple of examples:

A reeeeeaaaallly bad one

One of the latest

And.... Something completely different:

Above is a modern pic made 60 years old. Result of an evening Photoshopping

In answer to your pic I have to say that you are on to a good start. Might I suggest you add some blur to the Tank and even a little more blur to the background. Not too much you still need to see the details only you have to get rid of the sharp lines in the pics (blurring can be found in the filter menu I would suggest Motion blur and set it between 1 and 3) Further you might want to add some contrast to the picture. Make the dark colours stronger and the light colours a bit lighter. Play a bit around with the Brightness/Contrast menu found in the Image/adjustment menu.
I see you have added filmgrain/noise very good touch. Overall very nice work on the pic. try my tips and see if you like the result.

Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 604 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2004 - 11:34 PM UTC
Faust;
Someone just gave me what he says is an older version (5.5) of Photoshop. Will it do all that stuff? I haven't had time to even take it out of the case yet.. Thanx.

Art
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 12:09 AM UTC
yes Art, any version of any photo editor can do that. it is fun and it turns out very cool.

cheers guys
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 12:59 AM UTC
Bryan Sorry I hijacked your topic

Art
With Photoshop 5,5 you can do about the same stuff as with the later Photoshop versions only it`s a bit harder to do. Simply because in the later versions the same tools are more or less upgraded to work easier with it. But things like B/W, Contrasting, Filters/blurring can be done with 5,5

James.
Photoshop is where the magic comes from.

Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 604 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 08:36 AM UTC
Thanx, Faust. I'll probably be calling you when (if) I ever get time to try it out.

Bryan, that looks pretty good for a first(?) try. Hope mine turns out as well.

Art
 _GOTOTOP