Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Call of Duty add on
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:31 AM UTC
Just got an e-mail that the CoD add on has been released. Call of Duty for details.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 07:24 PM UTC
Yeah, Al. Saw it at Target last night. Anyone bought it yet? I am still trying to wend my way through Doom3. Stuck in Hell, of all places. CoD was the one game I really enjoyed playing on line. Nothing like getting repeatedly shot by some 12 year camper...

Shaun
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:29 PM UTC
I have it.....and it is freaking hard...even on the wimpy level, its not going great, still on the first level, getting my butt kicked.

First mission you and your squad are on a recon mission, and you get jumped by the Germans, half your squad is killed and you are heading out on the jeep to get back to your platoon, manning the 50 cal of course. Once there, an attack is in progress and you have to head out to your foxhole and thwart the German attack, eventually your Sgt. grabs you and takes you to a 30 cal that he wants you to man.

And thats as far as I have gotten...keep getting my butt blown off on the wimpy level...

Apparently there is a part in the game where you are on a British B-17 manning the AA guns, very cool.
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 846 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 05:23 AM UTC
This game is great for dio ideas!I´m playing the demo, because in Brasil, the expansion will come in october
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 10:58 AM UTC
Didnt even know an expansion was coming out!
now i do i will start saving, call of duty is in my opinion one of the best games ever, of course nothing could beat vietcong though!
cheers
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 08:04 PM UTC
James your on the money with that one :-) i DESPISED the sas missions in call of duty, to much like MOH and other "lone hero" games i thought.
As for Vietcong, purple haze is simpy the original and the expansion in one game so dont waste ya money mate!
they were also some of my fav missions, when the base comes under siege, i find the M60 way to innacurate though, i used the colt 45 and the m27, one to the head then blow em sky high! :-)
But in my opinion this game has some of the best graphics i have EVER seen, the jungle is so detailed, down to little frogs jumping around, hell theres even different sounds if you stab wood, dirt, and rock....James, have you figured out the dismembering trick yet with the knife or bayonet
still the best game out, those of you who havent played it i suggest you get yourself a copy!
cheers
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
Well not to spoil it for everyone.....

The first act you are part of the 101st Airborne during the battle of the bulge. The act goes from running between foxholes during an attack, to going house to house in villiages and making a stand in the end......all I can say is thank god for the P47 Tank busters!!!!

Act 2 finds you as a gunner on board a British B-17 on a mission to Rotterdam. You start out as the front top turret gunner.....believe me its hard to hit those 109s!!!

Anyway the tail gunner bites it, and you have to take over, you loose 2 engines and have to shut off the fuel supply, the bay doors are stuck so you have to open them by hand, bombs away, I thought it was done, but no......there is a fire that starts in the tail that you have to put out.....but as you are on your way, the tail explodes and breaks off, and takes you with it......thankfully you remembered to wear your chute!!!!!

The rest I will leave as mystery!!

On to Act 3!!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 08:27 AM UTC
:-) ok everyone forgive me and james for the discussion on mutilating people, but james, in vietcong, take your knife and bayonet, find a dead VC, and keep stabbing his arms, legs, toso, or head, and see what happens
cheers
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 07:18 AM UTC
did they release a demo yet? i think they did but i cant find were to download it! i tried 3 places and iam tierd of not getting it rite!

thx guys!

Frank
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 07:45 AM UTC
Francios, go HERE, for a list of download locations. Some of the sites require that you register with them before you can DL it.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 08:36 AM UTC
i think i'm gonna get that addon, the first one was pretty easy in single player i still play the mulit player for it, maybe this one will be harder...missions look way cool too
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 06:39 PM UTC
Picked it up Sunday. I can summarize the first first portion of the first mission as follows. Move, shoot, get killed, swear, repeat. Playing it on the regular setting. It is a good expansion pack. If I spent $30 on it and walked through it in a day I would be mad.

Shaun "Save Often" Keenan
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2004 - 09:54 PM UTC
Anybody play any Joint Ops? A chance to drive around in the Stryker.

Paul
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 846 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:11 AM UTC
I love Vietcong too!!
Lestweforget- Hey!I also like to slice and dice dead Vcs!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 07:29 AM UTC
Thx A LOT kencelot! you cant imagine how tierd of not finding the good one i was!

hope fully it will be better than the first call of duty

Frank
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 05:56 AM UTC
I have it, yes its very hard. much harder then the frist one.
my frist copy was buggy so i had to bring it back and pick up a new one.
now the second copy the sound keeps.
cuting out, then i restart the game and its fine,
i thing i fixed the problem.
its a great game
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 06:23 AM UTC
Great game, I just finished the addon, has a US, a UK and USSR section.

The USSR campaign seems longer than the rest, and the final battle at the train station is a doosy.

Great game, and although it seems to me to be short, it is probably because I played it non stop....lol....

But none the less it is a great add on.

Now I can't wait until Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault comes out!!!!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:30 PM UTC
Howdy chaps,

First, many thx for that Link Kenc'. I've always been looking for a good Demo site, that's a good one!
Ya still got it 'Linkmeister'...
In fact, I was shocked to see a Doom 3 demo. Didn't think they were going to release that one. I only wanted to play the demo since the 'skinny' on the game is it's pretty much a repeticious exercise of killing monsters in dark corriders. I just wanted to try out the supposedly eye-popping realism.

As to Call of Duty. I really love that game. Played it a bunch! The storyline and interactions are superb. In fact, I just finished playing the 'Pacific' demo.......very nice.
Now...if only Call of Duty would add the FANTASTIC ability of driving/flying/navigatiing the vehicles in it the same way Battlefield 1942 does, I'd be in Seventh Heaven!...

Tread.

Oh, and by the way, when I play BF '42 in Multiplayer I go by the callsign of; Liberty Valance........just in case any of you care to be fragged by a suddenly appearing 'Nap of Earth' Apache....
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 11:28 PM UTC
Tread,
You can use vehicles in "Call of Duty: United Offensive." I haven't played multiplayer yet but it is supposed to rock. Doom 3 rocks, too. Sure, ya just run around and blow the crap out of stuff but that is fun once in a while.

Shaun