_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
When do you do your modeling?
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 08:53 PM UTC
Most of the time I do my modeling, when the kids have been put to bed and the wife is watching TV.

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 08:59 PM UTC
I model everyday for 4 to 5 hours (2 hours before work, 3 hours after work). I also devote more time for modeling on weekends.

Angela
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 09:03 PM UTC
Generally in the evening. After the Son's in bed and the other half is "doing her thing" Mostly in the winter time though... summers seem to be slow.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 09:05 PM UTC
I usually model from about 6am to 7am Monday - Friday. Sometimes I'll squeeze in some time in the evening if everyone else is doing something.
Weekends I usually get from 8am - 10am and throughout the day I'll stop at the bench and work for 10-15 minutes at a time.
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 09:08 PM UTC
Same time, same reason :-)
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 09:16 PM UTC

Modelling time, what is that? After the wife and kids are in bed, then its onto the net to give ARC and Hyperscale a quick view - then ebay to see what is going and then here. I always promise myself only 1 hour on Armorama but.............................. sometimes I get in 1/2 and hour of actual modelling around midnight, most times I miss that.

Damn Internet :-) :-) :-)
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 09:29 PM UTC
My wife and I are empty nesters. I usually am able to get 1/2 to 1 hour per day and maybe 2-3 hours on the weekend when we are home. If my wife is gone for the day or traveling then I usually double that time. She is very understanding of my "need to build".
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts

Quoted Text

Most of the time I do my modeling, when the kids have been put to bed and the wife is watching TV.

LOL, Jesper thats when I do my modeling also ! It is very hard to model with the 5 year old sworming around you. So I have to do my modeling any time I'm not bothered!

Cheers,

Garry
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Ola People

Because of my work I`m away for 13 hours each day except for the weekends. Now I have finished school i don`t have to worry about homework to do in the evening. that leaves me with a couple of hours ( around 4) each evening. Lately I use 2 of those hours for modeling and 1,5 to 2 hours for going through the web and visit my regular sites. Then off to bed as I have to wake up at 6 in the morning to go to work again. In the weekends it is usually different as I have plenty of time and then I can model more and longer.

crossbow
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 1,387 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:15 PM UTC
Whenever I can spare 5 minutes, which is... once a week....

Time is becoming a very precious commodity for me and will be even more scarce next year when our first one is born.

Yep, some very serious time management will be needed, so I think modelling will be reduced to two hours a weekend or so .

Kris
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 641 Posts
KitMaker Network: 113 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:16 PM UTC
Usually I try to get in an hour or two after work, usually between 6 and 8 pm, and a little more on the weekends.
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 641 Posts
KitMaker Network: 113 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:16 PM UTC
Usually I try to get in an hour or two after work, usually between 6 and 8 pm, and a little more on the weekends.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:24 PM UTC
Weekdays - in the evening, usually between 7 and about 9, specially if there's nothing to watch on TV.

Weekends - Saturdays only if it's raining, otherwise shopping and going out takes precedence. Sunday mornings (if not too hungover) and later in the afternoon and evening.

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:33 PM UTC
Due to work ,career related studies and fencing I don't get too much time to model during the week. SWMBO doesn't have any hobbies of her own so she tends to forget that I have several, I manage to get a few hours in over the weekends when she goes to visit the out-laws

Despite always having tons to do at work I still manage to spend time on Armorama, even if it means coming in 1.5hrs earlier... :-)

kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 10:37 PM UTC
I am another one who gets to model pretty much only in the evenings when our son is in bed and my wife is watching TV. While my son, who is 3, is fascinated by my models, it is very difficult to work with him watching closely.

Keith
armorguy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 269 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 11:35 PM UTC
Well, I probably get in 1 hour per night 2 or 3 days per week Monday - Friday when my wife is watching something I don't want to on TV or if she's up on the computer. On the weekend, I'll usually get one good session of 3 hours or so at some point from Friday night through Sunday evening.

Here's to more modeling time!
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2004 - 11:56 PM UTC
i have no fixed time for modelling..

but i do most of it during weekends...
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 12:16 AM UTC
After becomeing disabled, i have all the time i need. I do build mostly during the night from 10pm-3am. And the days well around 3 days a week for 4-5 hours.
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 01:34 AM UTC
Being single and on disability makes it possible for me to model just about any time that I feel like it. Has alot of advantages and disadvantages. I have worked very late into the nite a few times until about 3am not realizing the time!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 02:54 AM UTC
Well ,I'm a bartender so I'm used to working late into the night ,so on my days off ..sunday ,monday and tuesday ...I send the wife off to bed and sneak downstairs to my lair to work from 11pm till the sun comes up ... Hey I don't want to change my schedule..lol.. So when the wife gets up to go to work I crawl into an nice warm bed ... I then could work on kits every day in the afternoons but I seem to spend it all in here with you boys....lol . I do have a kit to finish in time for a show on the 1st of October so I better use my afternoons more wisely till then.

Rick
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 03:59 AM UTC
Modeling time? What the heck is that?

I'm on a disability and no longer work. You'd think I'd have plenty of time to model. Right?

WRONG! Two daughters who are nurses with seven grand kids. Since Pops isn't doing anything (?) he can baby sit!

So I model a bit between baby sitting gigs! Hopefully, this will improve in the next couple of weeks as we purchased a house next to the other daugher's house and hopefully the two girls can cover some of thier baby sitting so I can get a couple days to model!
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 04:07 AM UTC
I try to get 1 to 2 hours of modeling in a day and at least 10 hours on weekends. Not too hard as my wife works days I work nites, and my weekends are Monday and Tuesday, when I'm home alone all day. Kids are grown and all but one (of four) is out of state, so no baby sitting. My biggest distraction? Armorama.com :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 02:29 PM UTC
Evening time for me also. Usually a few hours after our daughter goes to bed, although in front of the telly, so progress can be slow depending on whats on. I do get a few more hours at the weekend though. But like most here, I also need my fix of interent modelling!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 02:49 PM UTC
well i usually work 1-2 hours in baby's sleeping time 16.00 - 17.00 every afternoon and some nights if other half is watching tv or doing other homework. On weekends i can do more like 3-4 hours a day
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 216 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 05:35 PM UTC
I have no children yet....and a very understanding partner so I'm lucky. But, and this'll either sound great or really bad, I do alot of modeling at work. I'm a cinema projectionist and in our job on some days there's very little to do besides run films (on other days we can be quite busy making up films and breaking them down etc aswell as maintenance duties). On the quiter days/nights many of us read but I often take in part of a project to work on. It's suprising over a shift how much time i can grab to sand or scribe or whatever.

Other than that working night shifts are great as i get to sit out the back in the warm Australian sun and model away in peace.

Having said all that i still have very little to show for it all
 _GOTOTOP