_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Campaign journal entry image upload?
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 08:26 AM UTC
Jim,
I'm trying to upload images into my campaign jounal entries. They are always in (.jpg) format and within the Kb requirements. Will not upload. Is there another option that I can try?

:-?

-Ko Sprue
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 12:20 PM UTC
Are you sure the image is small enough? There aren't really any work arounds I can think of. You could post the image in your gallery space and put a link to it (no html) in your journal entry.

Jim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 02:45 PM UTC
Hi there

I just uploaded one and it worked, but I did notice that Photoshop was a bit misleading as to the file size. Although I was using "Save for Web" and file size looked right, when I checked the .jpg it was over the limit - so err on the safe side a bit.

The other thing is you say "images" - I think you can only add one pic per entry and one entry per day.

Hope this helps

Rowan
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2004 - 11:10 PM UTC
Thanks for the help, Jim. The jpg is the correct size but error messege, after I hit submit, indicates that it is not a jpg, even though I saved in Photoshop as that. After reading Merlin's reply, I noticed that if I click on the file once, it shows me the identity as a 'photoshop' doc and not as a jpeg. I use a MAC. Then tried to outsmart the whole thing and email the image back to myself. I receive it as a JPG! Great, but now it's way too big again: around 120 kb

I'll just put a link to it in the entry box like Jim suggested. As if anyone is interested anyways...

_GOTOTOP