Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Fall is almost here
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
My favorite time of year, Fall is nearly here. Already nights are cooling off, leaves are changing colors, and flocks of geese are flying overhead. Speaking of flying Air Force football began yesterday. The Air Force always puts on a free air show, flying all sorts of aircraft over the stadium, and Colorado Springs. Good game yesterday, the Air Force held 14th rank California to 21 to 14 at halftime. We just won't mention the other half.

Preseason NFL is over, next week it begins in earnest. I just hope the Broncos play better when it counts than they did in pre-seaon.

The kids are back in school, and so am I. 48 years old and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Oh well, four classes, 12 units, I probably won't get as much modeling done as I like, but then I NEVER get as much modeling done as I'd like.

Cheers to Fall.

Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 07:51 AM UTC
I agree. Best time of year for me too. I love the smell of the autumn air. Hearing the geese. Watching the song birds flock. Not too hot. Not as wet as spring. Football. Also as an added bonus, as the cooler dry air comes along, my car makes more horsepower. Fall is too short.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 09:10 AM UTC
cheers

Captain94
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 11:46 PM UTC
Ahhhhh Fall. Football, the World Series, rain.

North winds a blowin' on the North Coast.....hot and dry.

Hot, hot, hot desert winds in Southern Calif......smells like Santa Annas are a brewin' in San Diego again!

Bring on the RAIN!

Winter is best, Spring is better.

Cheers!

Captain94
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 09:27 AM UTC
Best thing about fall is the grass stops growing and the snow hasn't arrived yet. Once the leaves are cleaned up, there is more time for modelling!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 03:23 PM UTC
It's been a gentle summer for us here in North Texas. We only had one day crack 100. Fall doesn't mean so much around here as it is generally a quick season. We stay fairly warm until end of October. A little chilly at night with warm ups dring the day until close to Thanksgiving ten full fall kicks in. Janueary is when full winter kicks in. Right now I'm still barefooted and shirtless around the house and yard
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2004 - 07:55 PM UTC
Hi, I agree halfyank. Fall is one of the best times of the year for me. And I hope that this one is a good long one too. I see the geese are now flying over the Miami Valley as well. Starting their long trip back down South. I've also seen the other winged creatures starting to flock up here lately, which seems to be a tad bit earlier than usual. But that's okay too, as Mother Nature has things all planned out. Usually we humans don't undertand it, but that's okay too.

And it seems that the older we get the faster time tends to fly along. Don't really know why that is. Maybe it has something to do with the realization as we get older at just how fast time, in reality, does go along.

What will keeping my grandchildren now 5 days a week, now I don't have near the time to pursue things that I really like doing, and I also find I no longer have the energy to burn the proverbial midnight oil like I used to be able to do, so certain things have to be put aside.

Am just now starting to get up and go a little after having some pesky nerves removed from my foot a few weeks back, so I hope I can get back on my feet good enough to make a trip back down to the Gatlinburg, Tenn. area and get back up into those forests to commune a little bit with the natural state of Mother Earth. Smoke the pipe and wish happy blessings between her and me. It's been far too long since this poor child has done that and my natural batteries do need a 'recharge' from her very badly. And there's not really anywhere in the sad and sickly anemic state of Ohio to do that sort of thing correctly.

Take care, Larry
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 05:23 AM UTC
Armor season coming up here pretty soon. I should try to squeeze a plane or two in before though!

~Chip