TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
' Saints and Soldiers' WW II movie....
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 11:25 PM UTC
Howdy All,

Just a quick heads up on an upcoming WW II movie based on the Malmedy Massacre.

Here is a link to this excellent site

http://www.saintsandsoldiers.com/

The movie looks fantastic, and don't forget to check out the trailer.

Tread.

Also, if anyone wants to discuss the film, or the Malmedy Massacre, please do it here.......thx.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 12:16 AM UTC
Tread, thanks for the heads up. That looks great. Any idea when it will come to Denver? If my putt putt can make it up there I'd be interested in seeing it with you. That's a pretty impressive website. If the movie is as good it should be great.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 12:25 AM UTC
Howdy Rodger,

I'm not sure when it will be released here in Colorado, I unfortunately haven't seen it in local 'rushes'.
But, I did sign up for Email notification of when it does make it's debut in my zip code.

Tread.

Oh, and if you're asking me for a date to see the movie, that sounds like a good idea. Just remember one thing though.......I don't 'put out' on the first date.
Sorry, candy and popcorn only get's you so far..........
:-) :-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 05:35 AM UTC

WHAT??????........Nobody else is interested in this movie!?!......

hmmm.

Tread.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 08:03 AM UTC
I just watched the trailer. It looks really good.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 08:14 AM UTC
[quote]I don't 'put out' on the first date][quote]

So how far CAN I get? First base, 2nd base?

Don't worry Tread, your honor is safe with me.

PM me when you hear from them. I'm looking forward to it.

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 06:52 AM UTC
That looks like it'll be a great film Wonder if it'll play in all theaters or just select ones
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 07:15 AM UTC
"...So how far CAN I get? First base, 2nd base?..."

How much cash ya got??.......

"...Don't worry Tread, your honor is safe with me..."

Didn't doubt it for a second.....

"...PM me when you hear from them. I'm looking forward to it. ..."

Me too Rodger. I'm just hoping it doesn't 'flub' in other theatre's and then go straight to DVD.....WW II movies don't generally fair well. Not slanting the movie or anything, but the main reason 'Saving Private Ryan' did so well is because of two very important things......namely these; Spielberg and Hanks.
So, my fingers are crossed...XXX

Tread.

Hey!.......maybe if it plays down in C.S., I'll take a jaunt down there and see it with ya.......give me a chance (if the timing's right) to buy up all the new re-release Dragon Sherman 'small hatch' M4A1 kits there in the Spring's...... :-) :-)
Can't pass up a chance at turnin' you 'Blue' after all........
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 07:22 AM UTC
"...That looks like it'll be a great film Wonder if it'll play in all theaters or just select ones..."

I'm thinking that because of it's almost not existent advertising budget (so far), it's time in the theatre's (if at all unfortunately) will be fairly limited.......

Hey 'Zod!!.....fancy going to see it with us??? That is, if you're 'rollin' through town about that time...

Tread.

Tell ya what, just to 'entice' you to go, you can sit next to Rodger. Rumour has it he doesn't put enough butter on his popcorn anyway.........one of those ' carb counting' things..... :-)
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2004 - 01:34 AM UTC
I too am patiently waiting for the arrival of this movie. I think it is gonna be awesome. However i am disappointed that it is on limited release right now..only playing in Utah at the present time. I do have info though that it is going to be expanding its release in Mid September.
. It is expanding in mid-September to Washington DC, Indianapolis and San Diego"

if you in one of those areas..woohoo..if not..just be patient or plan a road trip.
Mary
For those of you who dont know about this film..here is a little info. Enjoy.

Based on the historical event known as the "Malmedy Massacre, " a Tale of a group of American soldiers in Germany in World War II, one of whom served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Germany just before the war. In mid-December 1944 Hitler's Army blitzkriegs through the Ardennes Forest into Belgium creating the colossal wintertime offensive known as the Battle of the Bulge. Sergeant Daniel Epstein and close friend Nathan Greer find themselves held captive with over seventy other American Soldiers in a snow covered field. Without warning German soldiers open fire on the American Prisoners. Epstein, Greer and a handful of other soldiers are able to escape the massacre by hiding in the nearby woods. Without weapons or food they take on the unforgiving winter trying to find their way back to allied occupied territory.

(++)
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2004 - 11:53 PM UTC
Tread
Thanks for the invite Not sure if I am allowed out that way any more Seems like I am stuck out here in the east anymore Lemme get back with you on that
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 11:44 PM UTC
Shamless plug time for Yahoo.......

But I check these out-of-the-way movies postings for show loctions. Just go to Yahoo.com and select the movies.

Now, I think this one will be seen by me more on DVD than at a theater near me. Most of the samller private theaters are run by "liberals" and they HATE war movies. Each time I call them about if they are showing something like this ("Das Boot" was another hell raiser with them), they tell me to "...forget it...".

Later, and look for the DVD.
Dave