_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Too Quiet
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:04 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Looks like there is very little movement in our forum lately. What are you guys up to lately......let me guess...hmmm...preparing for the nationals, working on a new kit, taking care of the children....hmmm...marami labada at plantsahin?

Let me start, I'm currently or still working on my very first diorama and I dont know when I'll be finished

How about you guys?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:14 PM UTC
Quiet

Most of the Phorum traffic transferred to the IPMS-P-BAC Forum
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 160 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 02:38 PM UTC
actually, since yesterday, it has been quite quieter in the BAC forums too... it must be something else... :-)

tama si warthog eh... madami labada at paplantsahin. hehehe

shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 06:35 PM UTC
I may be quiet in this forum, but not quiet in the armor,AC etc :-)

La kasing nagpopost eh.
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 06:48 PM UTC
ikaw pa! eh, halos lahat yata na forum, nakikita yang handle mong nakasampay sa avatar na merong pula! :-) :-) :-)

si mondo kaya... wala din dun sa bac eh... si GI Busy sa review malapit na bar...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 08:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ikaw pa! eh, halos lahat yata na forum, nakikita yang handle mong nakasampay sa avatar na merong pula! :-) :-) :-)

si mondo kaya... wala din dun sa bac eh... si GI Busy sa review malapit na bar...

Maingay-ingay din si mondo dude. Hahanapin mo nga lang sya :-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:13 AM UTC
Several factors:

1) The BAC forum. Since it's in a much better format than before, traffic - I reckon - has gone up there.

2) A dearth in new meat - er - local people in finding this site (now with the new format, Da Phorum isn't found on the front page for a non-registered surfer)

3) 'Tis the months of all-work-and-no-play. Some of the younger ones have schoolwork.

Now, to BTT Warthog's query...

... I've been working on a 1:1 restoration of the Soviet carrier Varyag now at the Crimea. From time to time, I've been flying in the Aurora from an off-shore stealth airbase owned by H-World to the Keplakistanisticov Airbase in the Ukraine where the good government there has enlisted my services to refurbish the Varyag from her hopeless floating hotel state to a super-dooper aircraft carrier. As of now, my group is currently adding cheese bits to the hull sides for AShM protection (the RHA value of which is equivalent to 500mm of rolled homogenous armor), as well as placing some fishing poles and a dragnet at the stern to make the ship self-sufficient. The planned fusion reactor to be installed on the ship melted down at the Antarctica, revealing a long lost Egyptian pyramid which in turn was the basis for the AvP movie, the rights of which were sold by the group for two shillings and a pence. As you can see, I am not making much sense considering the equation of the Pole Star to the triangulation of the Seven Sister near Taurus, which is sending a strong gamma ray bearing information gathered over the millenia by the makers of the Monolith which is now buried on the moon as predicted by Arthur C. Clarke in 2001: A Space Odyssey, plus the fact that I have somehow misplaced my tin-foil beanie hat which probably was abducted by Klingon college students in their thesis that Reynold's Wrap is better than any other aluminum foil brand.

IOW, done nothing much, save build an airwing (A CLUE CLUE CLUE!).
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 05:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Maingay-ingay din si mondo dude. Hahanapin mo nga lang sya :-)

Saan mo ako hahanapin?
Medyo nabawasan nga on-line time ko gawa. Biglang dumami din paperworks ko.
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 06:18 PM UTC
people have really been very busy lately... it's almost september... nearing the year end. the next thing you know, it's 2004 no more!
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 09:32 AM UTC
Medyo busy din ako lately aside from the dio...Masyado akong maraming iniisip dito sa office..nalulusaw na yata utak ko....stress stress stress. Modeling na lang ang relaxatio ko...

Last night inabot ako nag 11PM painting the figures hiniram ko na nga blower ng wife ko para matuyo kaagad oil paints....it worked...especially for acrylics....

Napansin ko nga nakakalat ang pangalan ni SR sa iba-ibang forum...buti ka pa dami mo nagagawa....
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Napansin ko nga nakakalat ang pangalan ni SR sa iba-ibang forum...buti ka pa dami mo nagagawa....

But I know someone with a very nice dio...
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:16 PM UTC
who? If you are refering to me...thanks....but that is if if gets finishedt...hu hu hu hu...it almost came to an end w/o it being finished.

Lesson, do not let your children or for that matter any children around you when doing your scale model. My children almost knocked the dio from the table yesterday . After that incident all is quiet again...syempre sigaw malakas tatay (me) ang mga bata sa takot bumlik sa loob ng nanay nila (tulog pa ng maaga
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

who? If you are refering to me...thanks....but that is if if gets finishedt...hu hu hu hu...it almost came to an end w/o it being finished.

Lesson, do not let your children or for that matter any children around you when doing your scale model. My children almost knocked the dio from the table yesterday . After that incident all is quiet again...syempre sigaw malakas tatay (me) ang mga bata sa takot bumlik sa loob ng nanay nila (tulog pa ng maaga

Awww.... so sorry to hear that. I really wish to see your dio.

Tip: to stabilize your dio, put a lot of weights :-) If you remember my dug in T-72, man! That weighs a kilo! :-)
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 04:56 AM UTC
Buti ka kayo maraming nagawa. In terms of modeling, I have seem to loose interest in it. I have projects that have been shelved because of this & one is over halfway done & is now collecting dust in one corner of the house. Nag popost pa rin ako dito tsaka sa BAC Forum pero hangang post na lang. Recently I was a bit preoccupied with my trip to the West Coast but most of my time was spent socializing with kababayans there. I did have some pix taken from the USS Midway & the San Diego Aerospace Museum who by the way have quite a collection of A/C models on display. I'll try to post those pix in the BAC Forum if anybody would be interested.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
Nice tip warthog. I'll put razor wire and a moat filled with alligators around my modeling corner. Should keep chubby grasping fingers and elbows away :-)
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 01:26 AM UTC
May I join in?

I'm presently busy in my work...writing English teaching materials.

I'm also busy with RPG since I'm Storytelling a Vampire the Masquerade game.

Every night, when I get home from the office, I work on my WW2 Winter Scene diorama...my first diorama project.

Angela :-)8
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
a diorama! wow! keep us posted about your project.

BTW, please post your profile in the profiles thread...

thanks!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 05:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Every night, when I get home from the office, I work on my WW2 Winter Scene diorama...my first diorama project.

Wee..... parehas pala tayo ng inprog

Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 06:12 PM UTC
Shonen_red, you're making a diorama, too? Wow! That's cool! I like dioramas.

What are you planning to depict on your diorama project?

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 06:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Shonen_red, you're making a diorama, too? Wow! That's cool! I like dioramas.

What are you planning to depict on your diorama project?

My sig sez it all :-)

Go here for full details.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 08:37 PM UTC
Hi Angela,

Based in your other post regarding your dio it looks big (lots of vehicles) and you want to add one more . I myself is almost...almost...almost finishing my dio...
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/35794&page=1 . I hope....

Do you by any chance have a picture of your dio or other models? You could post them here in Armorama...
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 08:56 PM UTC
That's a pretty cool diorama, dude.

Yep, my winter diorama is a bit big. One thing about me is that I'm also a stickler for big things.

I'm still halfway through it (i.e. I'm still painting the sixteen figures that go along with it, I'm still making the sandbag cover around the half track, still putting little roots on my tree for branches, making a supply pile). With my rate, I'll be finished with all the necessary things by mid-September. The groundbase for the diorama will probably take another week. I'm targetting the end of September.

My diorama will be placed in a rural setting...just beyond a farmland.

warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 09:13 PM UTC
Thanks, that is actually my very first dio. I think I working on it (including the panther) hmmm 6 or 7 months ago...

Wow your dio is quite big huh...16 figs. If you finish it by the end of September (2004?) you could probably enter it in the October 11 event in MegaMall (errrr....Shonen is that right?). The 4 figs I did took a lot of my time compared to making the dio. I hope you could post some pics...even a glimpse...

BTW. Considering that you have been modelling for quite sometime how do you dull your figs when painted/washed with oil? I'm not satisfied w/my style and I'm afraid to wash it with tamiya (gloss mixed with flat) or gunze clear flat...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 09:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, that is actually my very first dio. I think I working on it (including the panther) hmmm 6 or 7 months ago...

Wow your dio is quite big huh...16 figs. If you finish it by the end of September (2004?) you could probably enter it in the October 11 event in MegaMall (errrr....Shonen is that right?). The 4 figs I did took a lot of my time compared to making the dio. I hope you could post some pics...even a glimpse...

Well, I want to see the dio too. Too bad she's in Visayas region. Hope you could come here in Manila...
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 03:26 PM UTC
Well, my diorama depicts a German reconaissance team briefing some soldiers near an anti-aircraft emplacement. While they are doing that, a group of German grenaiders passed them, possibly going to the front lines.

Yes, I'm targeting the end of September to finish this dio.

Don't worry about the pics. My dad bought a digital camera. In fact, I'm taking pics of my vehicles (those in the diorama and the older ones) right now. I'm resizing the re-pixelizing the pics so that it would load fast in the net.The pics, straight from the digicam, is around 700KB. I'll have to resize it to less than 40 KB.Also, I'm trying to get good pics. I'm not a photographer, you know.

Well, I've been modeling for quite some time but it has only been 10 years since I got serious with it (mainly due to my first airbrush which is what I'm still using until now).

I also wash/paint my figures in oil paints. Here's my way to keep the colors on the flat side.

Use a cardboard (the ones like those in Lion-Tiger Katol) as a pallette. Place the oil paint there. The cardboard will absorb the shiny oil that is always present in oil paints. This greatly reduces the shine. After a few minutes, allowing the cardboard to absorb the oil, you are ready to use the paint (don't use the paint near the cardboard surface).

But enivetably, some shine will still be left. In that case, you have to use clear base. There's just no other way.

The trick is to spray them from afar in very light misty coats. If you're using Tamiya, just mix the flat base little by little into the clear paint. Put a little flat base with a toothpick. A tiny amount of flat base no bigger than the size of a rice grain is a good start. Spray this on your figure and leave it for around 15 minutes. If it's still glossy, add another grain-sized amount of flat base. Keep doing this until you are satisfied with the result.

Remember the key thought....that you should use flat base in little amounts. Don't use too much as this will result in frosting.

Shonen-red, I'd love to go to Manila but I'm quite busy here in Cebu. I'd like to join that modeling convention but i live too far.

_GOTOTOP