Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
USA drivers have bad attitudes!
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
And it is not only young drivers, while driving to work recently I had an elderly lady ride my tailgate, other lanes were wide open and I was traveling over 70mph, then proceed to pass me while honking, gesturing not so lady like and mouthing what I would not want my mother to say. I just had to laugh. :-)
Regards,
Robert
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:58 AM UTC
Try driving through Montreal...oh man ...now that is an experience the first time. Lane changes take on a whole new meaning :-)
Cheers,
Bryan
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:48 PM UTC
Everyone has a valid point - I am just thankful I have my own car and can drive it - sure beats taking the bus.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:46 AM UTC
To the pedestrians: If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk!
To the bicyclists: Share the road or wear the road!

These are just two of the many "unwritten rules" that learning to drive in Chicago teaches you!

Have I mentioned the "steering with your knees while you eat your double cheeseburger and change the station on the radio" class yet? 6 minute class, I passed!

Cuhail
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Problem in the US of A is that turn signals have been made optional and cell phones mandatory

Isn't that the sad and sorry truth? I drive big rig for a living I have been to 48 states and 5 Canadian provinces I am so glad I am able to control my anger

What really ticks me off is when I hear other truckers complaining about the way the cars drive I often wonder if they have bad driving habits when driving thier big rig

I really hate when someone cuts in front of me and slams on the brakes because it's their exit I have had more close calls than I can count out here

cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 09:21 AM UTC
Driving in New York City is comparable to driving in the streets of Manila. Taxi drivers in NY are like the Jeepney drivers there.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 11:58 AM UTC
After 21 1/2 years in the USN, and too many countries I have lost count, I will endeavor to list the top 5 of my worst driving locations...

1) Sicily (16 months of driving highway 417 from NAS I & II to Mineo housing with ZERO accidents).

2) Washington D.C. (nuff said)

3) London England (3+ hours to drive across the city on a sunday)

4) Phillipines (though I never drove, was usually snot-lockered, but loved the jeepney rides. Sell tickets to Walt Disney World as an "E" ticket ride)

5.) Dallas TX. (Too many people and I-35/635 is too small).
Chief
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Try driving through Montreal...oh man ...now that is an experience the first time. Lane changes take on a whole new meaning :-)
Cheers,
Bryan

Try driving a motorcycle as a DR during the Olympics Bryan. And how about the road rally from the 8 lanes of toll booths into the 2 lanes of the Jacques Cartier bridge!!!!

Drive Defensively..........buy a tank
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2004 - 03:04 AM UTC
Hi Guys it's me, Mr White Van Man :-)
I cover around 80,000 miles a year round the UK and boy oh boy do you get to see the idiots.I have never claimed to be a good driver but there are some out there that make me look positively angelic.
There seems to be no respect for the traffic laws here anymore and I think everyone who get's behind a wheel grows horns, hooves and a tail.
Pete