Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
College Football Anyone?
saltydog
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:55 AM UTC
anybody else gittin' geared up for college football besides me? ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.........ROOLL!!! hope we don't suck this year!! later.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:07 AM UTC
Oh man, I can hardly wait! This is my favorite time of the year and the "Dawgs" are ranked as high as 4 in some polls. The only problem is in recent days every time I listen to sports talk radio another key player turns up hurt. Whatever happens I'm just glad it's almost kick off time again!!

Mike :-) :-) :-)
saltydog
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:37 AM UTC
definetly spanked our butts last year!! Pollick is an excellent pass rusher!! is he injured now? i think it was #33, can't remember his name, but he just leveled Brodie in that game!! the Dawgs defense was incredible in that game!! later.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 12:40 PM UTC
The fall is by far my favorite time of the year. The leaves start changing color, there's a nip in the air, and the main sound you hear is your school's fight song. I'm very interested to see if my Washington State Cougars can keep their unprecedented (for them) string of 10-win seasons going to four. It seems doubtful, since they only have six starters returning, but there is some pretty experienced depth there, so it should be interesting.

Cougs rule, dawgs (University of Washington, not Georgia) drool!

GO COUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:15 PM UTC
I am looking forward to the Badgers upcoming season.That would be Eight yards and a cloud of dust, thank you!
saltydog
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:16 PM UTC
Ed, guess we really screwed up the apple cart eh? Alabama went and hired your coach right out from under ya, then fired him before he could get his bags unpacked!! what a messy, embarassing situation!! later.
Captain94
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:43 PM UTC
Fresno State Bulldogs is our local college team.
Their coach seems to think they are pretty good this year......we'll see what Washington State has to say in a couple weeks!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 01:05 AM UTC
BOILERS!!!!!!!!

Shaun
saltydog
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 03:15 AM UTC
hey, i like Fresno St too, kinda like the underdog team that sneeks up on people with good, solid execution.
The Boilermakers are cool too!! i like how they always manage to upset those "big dog" programs like Notre Dame and Ohio St.!! sweet!! later.

waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 04:01 AM UTC

Hoosiers!!!!!

Don
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 06:42 AM UTC
I'm all for football. -- maybe Utah State will win some games this year -- but there's something much better in the fall:

NCAA VOLLEYBALL!!!

Go to a match sometimes, they're great.

Now back on topic.... glad fall college sports are finally starting back up. Will be interesting to see if Utah can repeat last year's success. Hopefully it does.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:46 AM UTC
Two quick notes. First, Captain94, Fresno State is playing the stinking Huskies from the University of Washington, not my noble Washington State Cougars this year. My Cougs open their season against New Mexico. I'm with you in spirit rooting for your Bulldogs to put a whooping on those lousy dawgs from Seattle.
As for Mike Price, saltydog, yes it was a mess, but I think things worked out for the best. You got rid of a coach who was a potential headache down the road, and WSU got a level-headed, devoted, experienced, and all-around excellent coach to take over our program.
saltydog
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 02:16 AM UTC
thats cool Ed, i'm certainly glad you guys weren't left in the cold, i've watched your program blossom over the last couple of years, and hope it continues to. awesome passing game you have there too. i just remeber Lee Corso saying how wise a decision the Crimson Tide althelitic director made in hiring Price, said his integrity was impeccible, then he got caught drunk at a strip club only months later!!LOL WOW!! later.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:34 PM UTC
This Tennessee Vol is very excited as always good to see some SEC folks here

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 09:13 PM UTC
I should go back and edit my first post in this thread and change the "Boilers" to Heisman... The Boilers put one on the evil Domers at ND yesteray for the first time since 1974. And I was there. Boooraaaaaahh.
After four games Orton is 95 of 137 passing, 1,367 yards with 17 tds and NO interceptions. For some QBs that is a season.
Shaun
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 11:59 PM UTC
I agree that if Orton doesn't get the Heisman this year, it will be a great injustice.

However, I'm not sure I would characterize the Domers as "evil".

MJ - University of Notre Dame, class of '75.
(Which means I was at the last game Purdue won. If memory serves, you had a pretty good QB that day, too, by the name of Bob Greise.)

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 12:45 AM UTC
Hmmm, that's a very odd shape ball for football, and if it's rugby they're playing, what's with the helmets?

Have a good season all.

Henk
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 01:16 AM UTC
So we have:

Quoted Text

BOILERS!!!!!!!!

Shaun

And then we have:

Quoted Text

HOOSIERS!!!!!

Don

Finally we have:

ball state! whoo!

Yes the image and text size was intentional. We suck. My high school team (which lost all four years of homecoming while I was there and is 1-5 right now is doing better than my college. I think its just me.

Jeff

EDIT: The bright side though is that this is my 400th post!!!
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 01:28 AM UTC
The next two weeks for my Badgers are going to be tough. They finally gave up some fourth quarter points yesterday to Illinois(e). The Badger defense has only gave up an average of 5.9 points per game so far. Not bad. Now we face Ohio and then Purdue. We'll see if the Badger defense can't make Orton to earn his possible Heisman the hard way.

Undefeated, strong defense, Anthony Davis back from injury as we enter the meat of the Big 10 season. Could be a good year. These next two games will be critical. ( Both games are away.)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC
Rich, My three favorite teams are Purdue and whoever is playing Michigan and Ohio State. Purdue has Michigan and Ohio State at home this year. Oh yeah, we have Wisconsin at home, too. Purdue does have to go to Iowa, which is always tough. The way Purdue's luck runs, they will probably get beat at Penn State next weekend. Tiller has never won there, either.

No offense, MJ. Great football fans at ND. Nothing but polite and a good time even when they lost . Some of us Purdue fans just call them evil because they always seem to have our number.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Shaun
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 12:06 PM UTC
I don't remember who was calling signals for Purdue back in 1974 at South Bend, but it wasn't Griese. He had already won 2 Superbowls by then.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 12:16 AM UTC
Ed,

A guy named Mike Terrizzi was quarterbacking the Boilers when they won at ND thirty years ago. I had to do some serious digging to find that out. I guess he only started four games.
Purdue is off to a good start, perfect in fact. We will have to see how the sometimes porous defense holds up against the Badgers this weekend. I hope it is a good game.
Line has Purdue by 6 to 6.5 points. I bet if it was at Madison the line would be 6 the other way...
Shaun