TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
alien V's Predator
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:12 PM UTC
ok who will be off to watch this when it gets released?

trailer
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:25 PM UTC
im very apprehensive about this film,

alien aliens, and preditor are some of the best action/sci fi films ever made, the sequels are very weak IMHO, so i hope they make a good job of this one.

unfortunatly cant watch your trailer cos im at work!

cheers

joe
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:26 PM UTC
The premise may be a bit goofy (this has been going on for how long and we had no idea? The aliens are ALREADY on earth? Before the Nostromo finds them on Lv426 and we haven't been overrun by them yet?) but Dude, I am SOOOOOO there!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The premise may be a bit goofy (this has been going on for how long and we had no idea? The aliens are ALREADY on earth? Before the Nostromo finds them on Lv426 and we haven't been overrun by them yet?) but Dude, I am SOOOOOO there!

Since the Nostromo essentially has orders to find the Xenomorphs, the Company already knew of them. Having discovered them earlier gives good backstory. Also, by watching closely in the trophy room of the Predator in P-2, there is an ALIEN skull hanging on the wall.
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 05:44 AM UTC
I'm a big fan of both Aliens and predator. I've been waiting for this ever since the two monsters crossed over in Dark Horse comics 10 or more years ago. It would have to at least be alot of fun. Just like Matrix vs. Terminator would at least have to be alot of fun - rumor control alert - I know nothing about a crazy Matrix vs. Terminator movie...
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:35 AM UTC
I'll see it with my buddies from work...I am going to be entertained so my expectations are not very high...I am a big fan of the Alien and Predator series.

Sean
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:04 PM UTC
I loved Aliens (the second movie in the series) and the others weren't that bad. I loved the first Predator movie, but the sequel didn't have a cool backdrop like the first one. This one is going to take place in Antarctica, in ruins, so I don't mind. It looks more of like a teen horror movie to me than a dark menacing movie like the original Alien and Predator movies were. That's what I got from the previews. I'll still love to see this though I'm just wondering if they will have a half-alien, half-predator thing since the alien takes a little DNA off whatever it "hatches" out of. Seems like a fun movie to watch.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:42 PM UTC
Like Earwig, I read the comic series and it was GREAT. I also loved Alien, Aliens, and Predator. It has the potential to be great or a Predator3/Alien5 movie. In any case I'll see it whether on the big screen or wait for DVD release.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:22 AM UTC
I am very excited about this film. As a long time fan of Predator, I have a very good feeling about this. I infact can't wait, because it comes out the day after my birthday.

~Chip :-)
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am very excited about this film. As a long time fan of Predator, I have a very good feeling about this. I infact can't wait, because it comes out the day after my birthday.

~Chip :-)

lets hope the alien doesnt come out the day after either chip cause your mother wont be happy with the mess it leaves on the sofa :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 09:06 AM UTC
What a bummer! The flick was awful! Sorry, that rock climbing chick ain't no Arnold or even a Ripley for that matter! What a joke! And the wheezing scientist was a joke too. Oh, I get it, weak man, strong women hollywood thing. What a double joke!!!! Maybe there wasen't any way to pull this one off. Could be why it was delayed Soooo long.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 08:31 PM UTC
Well, from my adult (39 year old) perspective I agree with earwig, what a let down.
But I took my two under 15 year old kids and they loved it.
If your looking for a new line of movies you'll be dissapointed, if you're looking for an hour of reality escape - not bad.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 06:46 AM UTC
I won't see it because it's PG 13. You can't make a good Alien or Predator without a bit of adult content.

I think it was a sell-out that bombed-out.

Steve
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 07:02 AM UTC
Ouch this movie bombed on so many levels....too bad...it was sad.

Sean