TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
King Arthur thumbs up
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 09:03 AM UTC
If you want entertainment, go see this movie. It helps if you are a military history buff, and a fan of movies like Braveheart and Troy. My favorite character, much to my boy's disdain, was the invading Saxon leader. This guy was a cool headed, focused, brutal leader. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when he answers to God, however. In any case, this is a guy to have on your side in a fight. Hey, I was on Jack Nicholsen's side in "A few Good Men". I don't want to thread off here, so what's the Armorama review on "King Arthur"?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 08:26 PM UTC
I think you just gave us the review. Sounds like a good one as I loved both Braveheart and Troy
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:37 PM UTC
IMHO: It was an eye-opener for me. This totally departs from the stories of King Arthur I grew up listening to.

The depiction of Guenevere is truly a revelation here. She's a far cry from the Guenevere in the romanticized version (as she is depicted as a warrior).
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 06:54 AM UTC
The changes in character of Guinevere shouldn't be too surprising. After all, since she is a purely fictional character in a "retelling" of the myth, the film makers could do whatever they darn well pleased with her.