Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
WWII Canadian Para Items
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 10:41 AM UTC
Hi Guys
Just thought I would share some of my collectibles. These ones are all WW2 Canadian Para items. The first is the early rimless Para Helmet with Leather chinstrap and Four point attatchment. The scrim is a "new" addition. The Patches are all Reproduction Items. They are about the best I have ever seen. They are the Printed canvas variety. Enjoy.

Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 498 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 02:02 AM UTC
Hey Ex...,

I got a nearly complete WWII British Para kit that I wore when I jumped into Arnhem last september. Can you send me some close up photos of the liner of your helmet. I need to re-do mine. Thanks!!!

Chief
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 02:18 AM UTC
Chief:
Got any photos of your uni that you can share? "In actions" shots of yourself etc?
People can never have too much reference....
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2004 - 08:25 AM UTC
NO problem..I am selling off a reproduction (re manufactured dispatch into a para helmet) if your interested as well as a complete set of unissued webbing (post war) and all the insignia plus two postwar tunics and one pair of Bd trousers. . I will get some shots to you asap.
cheers,
Bryan
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 324 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2004 - 02:21 AM UTC
Hi the Helmet shown is in fact MK 3 , Mark 1 has a rim of steel at the rear of the neck area and was based on a Roman version . Mark 2 has a padded rim on the bottom edge of rubber , Hope this helps cheers ian