_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Videoclips of various modelling techniques
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:39 AM UTC
Phantom_Major came up with a brilliant idea, but how could it be done. Is it worth it?

The idea is someone who is more expertly inclined do a short video presention of them doing a specific task. If the file isn't too large it could possibly be viewed online, whereas the idea could also be burnt to a DVD. Or something along these lines...

The one task that we are looking for especially, now that is, is someone to do a face in oils.

Could this be done? What would this entail?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:46 AM UTC
Have you guys ever seen the short sequences from testors workshop on Hyperlink? Bret Green does some basic masking, spraying, etc
Worth a look if only to get more ideas!!

link
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:17 PM UTC
PB, do you know anybody on our end that might be willing to film there knowledge. My thoughts go to Janne Nilson, hes pretty good with figures, isn't he??
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:24 PM UTC
I know you guys are talking about painting with oils but if anyone is interested in painting with acrylics, you might want to take a look at Andrea's Figure Painting Guide. It comes in two formats: VHS and CD ROM. The CD ROM is actually a compilation of short movies (.mov files). Good stuff.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 05:27 AM UTC
Marty, that is exactly the format it would be great to have the clips in. Only for oils that is. I could see other, similar type clips being made. Its just getting someone who is more experienced and has access to the equipment...

Thanks again for the tip!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

PB, do you know anybody on our end that might be willing to film there knowledge. My thoughts go to Janne Nilson, hes pretty good with figures, isn't he??

Janne actually came to my apartment for a day, and we painted some figures together. He brought figures at different stages and showed me quite a few tricks. It was great. Actually helped me a lot. He had the pleasure of getting the same help from Mike Blank.
Dont know if heŽd be willing to do this though. But thats only a matter of asking him. You can get his e-mail from the Stockholm IPMS site.
I believe Janne uses humbrols more than oils. He uses oils to supplement the enamels. Adding some oils into a humbrol mix, means you have the painting ability of oils for feathering and extended time, but dries much quicker than oils alone.
I can take small movies with my digital camera (Mpegs)... up to 64MBs at a time ... so that would be one way of recording it, in insegments! Maybe somebody with editing abilities could piece together a nice feature!

An easier option would be to do an article Like Anders Heintz did with acrylics. Plenty of photographs and good text!
Painting a 1/35th Panzer Crew member S.B.S
 _GOTOTOP