_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Union Jack Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Ta183A (my missus bought me 2)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 08:48 AM UTC
I'm sweating cos I'm not sure what she's up to. She came home from Meadowhall, last week, with a 1/48 Marauder, (she don't mind me modelling, but she never buys me any. "Why do you need any more, you could stock a model shop") I was both pleased and bermused with the pressy, even more so when she didn't mind that I wanted to change it. That, as you probably know, usually means instant death Anyway we went back to "The Model Centre" in Meadowhall, today. They don't have much of a choice, but I spotted the Ta 183A and out of curiosity, had a look at the price (I would never buy one of these for £45.00). The ticket said £14.99, I did a double take, and said "bloody hell", the boss asked me what was up, so I told her that they normally sold for £45 quid. Then she says, "best take 'em both then". She didn't have to say it twice, after picking myself up off the floor, I grabbed both kits. Even the ticket shows them discounted from £45 quid. I came home smilling from ear to ear. Anybody know what these are fetching on e-bay :-)
Mal
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 08:26 AM UTC
Mal,
just got one myself should be £45 but shop I got it from had it for £18 he told me shops were offered them on the cheap so you might be seeing the shop buying price just to clear them I think the price put alot of people off and Tamiya were left with a glut of them in the UK so sold them off cheap to get shot of them
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hi Mal

Yes - that seems to be about the going rate now.

It was the same with the Swordfish - eventually Tamiya realised people weren't prepared to pay for £40+ for them... I've picked up a couple for about £20 complete with etched detail set...

It just goes to prove... if you think something is overpriced, DON'T buy it... the message does sink in eventually ...

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP